How long is salami good for??

OsuMj

OSUMJ! Read this link! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16361276/page/2/

5. Deli meats are highly perishable.

No food lasts forever, especially when it comes to cold cuts. While some of these products have natural or chemical preservatives to extend shelf life, packaged cold cuts once opened will only last three to five days. Cold cuts sliced fresh from the deli 1-3 days, if stored properly. Be sure to use an airtight plastic bag to store them and put them in the coldest part of the refrigerator.

Freshness dating of processed meats is a voluntary program and not mandated by the federal government. However, if there is a date on the package, by law, it must state clearly what the date signifies:

“Sell by” date means nothing more than telling the store how long to display the product for sale. Never buy the product after this date.

“Best if used by” date means the flavor, taste and quality of the product will be at its optimum before this date. It has nothing to do with freshness or safety.

“Use by” date means just that — don’t consumer the product after this date

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmk, decision made. A combination of reading NINJA(again)Nick's article and smelling the cheese that I bought at the same time as the salami, I have decided not to eat it... which is a turn around from what i was planning when I started this thread.

mmmk, decision made. A combination of reading NINJA(again)Nick's article and smelling the cheese that I bought at the same time as the salami, I have decided not to eat it... which is a turn around from what i was planning when I started this thread.

I'm thinkin you should at least nibble the salami before you kick it to the curb...that's probably what Parks would do and he's still alive.

I'm thinkin you should at least nibble the salami before you kick it to the curb...that's probably what Parks would do and he's still alive.

nah, i think i'm over it. you're more than welcome to come sample the salami though.

:D

i'd say fuck it and eat it!

nah, i think i'm over it. you're more than welcome to come sample the salami though.

:D

make that offer to Ross and im sure he would over there asap!

nick, its not as funny if you don't disguise your hyperlink with a word that doesn't give it away. like click here

make that offer to Ross and im sure he would over there asap!

Adam you're a douche...go fuck sheep.

MJ, despite what adam thinks is funny, i will not come sample your old salami.

I love Salami, ham, and pepperoni on a sub bun toasted in the oven with cheese. Then add banana peppers, lettuce, tomato, and Malt Vinegar. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

+1 -vinegar... i think yota will agree with me on this one.

nick, its not as funny if you don't disguise your hyperlink with a word that doesn't give it away. like click here

Adam you're a douche...go fuck sheep.

MJ, despite what adam thinks is funny, i will not come sample your old salami.

:lol: