"Texas Soldier Arrested for ‘Rudely Displaying’ Weapon"

Otis Nice

...black-and-scary...

http://images.wikia.com/macaronipedia/images/0/06/Thats_racist.gif

The Benton County Daily Record chronicled a wild boar that, “attacked and flipped a utility vehicle on a job site in Waco… and severely injured a Gentry man.”

The story details that, “Greg Lemke, who designs chicken houses for Latco Inc. of Lincoln, was a passenger in a utility vehicle when the wild boar struck the rear of the vehicle, causing it to flip with Lemke inside.”

“The accident left Lemke paralyzed from the breast bone down.”

Not that this is a common occurrence but :eek:.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end, the man was breaking zero laws. it doesn't matter WHY he was carrying the gun. It matters that he was doing so 100% legally.

Yes he was doing something that was 100% legal. Because of this the reason for carry is irrelevant. He was also verbally aggressive which I don't think is illegal at least in Ohio. This all doesn't mean he did the right thing. If you think otherwise we will agree to disagree.

• 2 weeks later...

I think people are missing a big point here too a lot of these people are entrapping officers to try and prove a point. I got pulled over a year or so ago was carrying. Told the officer soon as he game to the door he asked for my weapon and I let him 'disarm' me for the duration of the stop and went about my day.

Do I feel it was necessary for him to disarm me for a minor traffic violation (one he didn't even end up citing me for). No not really but I'm not going to make this guys day worse by disagreeing and fighting over the fact. I didn't die in the 5 minutes I didn't have my gun on me (in the officers presence) so i'm fine.

LEO's need a little respect with what they have to deal with and as law abiding citizens should give them the benefit of the doubt and just go with it. Even though some of these videos do highlight LEO's mistakes, not knowing the proper law, protocol, etc. I still don't care. The vast majority of them are gold people who protect and serve us everyday.

• 2 weeks later...
the officer was within his legal rights to disarm you during a traffic stop. the officer was not in his legal right to disarm the guy in texas.

was about to say the same thing. the law here for traffic stops has a few little things in there for disarming during, and even holding onto after, the stop.

I'm only through page 1 so this might have already be covered, but saying that paged roads to have wild animals... I live in the country where we have a paved road in front of our house.... back of my property, there are caytoes (SP?) out here.... I have witnessed them first hand and they aren't the only animals.... while by themselves, they are like small dogs, they are also pack animals and will fuck you up without a seconds notice.... I carry while out mowing my lawn and will shoot one of those fuckers without a warning. I have kids to think about just like that guy does.

The guy was upset, but he damn well should be upset about it.

I'm only through page 1 so this might have already be covered, but saying that paged roads to have wild animals... I live in the country where we have a paved road in front of our house.... back of my property, there are caytoes (SP?) out here.... I have witnessed them first hand and they aren't the only animals.... while by themselves, they are like small dogs, they are also pack animals and will fuck you up without a seconds notice.... I carry while out mowing my lawn and will shoot one of those fuckers without a warning. I have kids to think about just like that guy does.

The guy was upset, but he damn well should be upset about it.

Pretty much the same here. Not uncommon to hear a pack of coyotes about 50 yards off our back deck. I think most people are saying this guy could have handled things better.

Side topic... we listened/smelled a coyote(s) vs skunk last night about 50' off our back deck. Now, THAT, was indeed entertaining.

LOL. Hopefully it all stayed at that distance.

Also, to relate to the previous post tonight. I too carried while taking the trash to the dumpster tonight. Coyotes suck. We hear that pack a couple times a month. Also...this. Hogs are known to be in our county (Hocking). No, I didn't carry an AR and no, I wasn't a jerk to a LEO, but yeah...I don't want to mess with them.