Lincoln LS: know anything about them?

PRD2BDF

while these are problems that can come up with the LS, i don't know if i'd call them 'common' problems(not to say that i'm an expert, but i've done a little research on them). i've known a couple people that have owned them, and the coils seem to be the only real 'common' issue. take a look at any car short of a camry or accord and you're likely gonna find some issues, and they may cost a few bucks if it's an uncommon/more "premium" vehicle like the LS.

Very informative thread. I had this car on the short list for my next DD. Thanks for the info

I was looking at one for the old man, test drove it and will say they are quite sporty. It's worth noting there is a optional manual Getrag 5speed offered from 2000-2002 (V6 only), hands down the best of both worlds. If I were to come across one here in the next few months I would snatch it up in a heartbeat.

while these are problems that can come up with the LS, i don't know if i'd call them 'common' problems(not to say that i'm an expert, but i've done a little research on them). i've known a couple people that have owned them, and the coils seem to be the only real 'common' issue. take a look at any car short of a camry or accord and you're likely gonna find some issues, and they may cost a few bucks if it's an uncommon/more "premium" vehicle like the LS.

The Transmission problem is common and extremely well documented, hell they even covered it in my Auto Trans class.