Lincoln LS: know anything about them?

PRD2BDF

Had one years ago, very fun car and does drive and handle well. Has a pretty decent V8 rumble when you get on it otherwise it cruises nicely when your foot isn't in the floor. Engine issues can be a bit tough/expensive as there were some changes through the years that make parts somewhat hard to find.

This is by no means a representation of all of the LS. But every single one of them I have ever had sit on a car lot the battery would go dead in less then 5 days. I would say 20-30 different ones all did the same thing.

From what I remember on my LSE there were some random electrical issues that would work then not work, seats seem to stick in my mind. I had the V8 which was actually pretty sporty for what it is, transmission is an auto with the "manual" shifting feature which worked reasonably well. Issues with the headlight lense gaskets not staying sealed so you would get moisture inside the assembly. All in all I loved the car.

Now with that being said, if you DO run into motor problems that 3.9 V8 is not easy to find or find parts for. I have a friends father who has a LSE sitting in storage with a blown motor because a new one is somewhere in the way too expensive and hard to find range. Used ones are available but also still very hard to get and pricey...but an engine swap would certainly be sexy ;)

A friend has a v-6 car with 170k on it. It runs good but he has been fighting a vibration issue for years. He has replaced a bunch of the suspension, new tires and had had it balanced and aligned several times. He says its pretty common but idk. It's not bad but mildly annoying.

I just sold my 03 ls v8. It was a great car for me. The only thing that was replaced was the abs module. Other than that the coils are known to go out and cause interference issues with the throttle.

Mine was loaded with nav and heated/cooled seats, thx audio, everything. I really liked the car but wanted a truck

Transmission issues with the accumulator, trans needs to be re-bored and a new accumulator installed $$$$ Job.

The rear ball joints are encased in the hub, only way to replace them is to replace the hub, which is about $975 from the stealership.

Also the V8 is a Jaguar engine, V6 is made by ford. I'd go with the V6.

This is by no means a representation of all of the LS. But every single one of them I have ever had sit on a car lot the battery would go dead in less then 5 days. I would say 20-30 different ones all did the same thing.

Typical Lincoln BCM drawdown.

different thing brian.. these are a non serviceable ball joint made one piece with the whole knucke

Knuckle/Hub/Spindle whatever you want to call it. At any rate the unit is only available from the stealership (no aftermarket support) so they get to flat out rape you...

Transmission issues with the accumulator, trans needs to be re-bored and a new accumulator installed $$$$ Job.

The rear ball joints are encased in the hub, only way to replace them is to replace the hub, which is about $975 from the stealership.

Also the V8 is a Jaguar engine, V6 is made by ford. I'd go with the V6.

Ah yeah same trans design as the exploder? The accumulator piston rubs hole in transmission case