scion on the run funny police chase

bigbluebird

I'm tellin ya... Those XBs are high performance, race bred machines... You gots to have skilz to run em fast... Not for the novice driver.:D:D

That's really funny when you pick up the thread on page 2 and see Casper's :nono: and think Lizard is talking about Buells.

If a motorcyclist is riding in such a manner that his/her actions are endangering the lives of other drivers' date=' pedestrians, whatev... then the officers should run them down with their cruisers so long as no harm will come to an innocent or the officer.[/quote']

Wow you must have been or be a state trooper.

LEOs are not professional drivers or stunt men, there is no way to ensure that thier actions during a high speed pursuit of any vehicle will not endanger thier lives or others.

Now chasing someone one down in a car and performing the pit manuever is one thing. Hell, episodes of "Worlds Scariest Police Chances" wouldn't be the same without it chances are the car being pitted will do exactly what it should and spin out of control, if it flips hopefully the driver has thier seat belt on.

The chances of a motorcyclist being "run down" by an officer and surviving is very slim to none. You as a motorcyclist are aware of the threat that just normal every day cagers pose to us, but you condone the act of running bikers down, and possibly killing or causing life threating injuries which may cause the rider to never live a normal life afterwards. And for what wreckless driving, I say let the odds catch up with the rider, eventually they will get theirs. No need for an over zealous LEO to play god.

Think about what you are saying man.

Pit maneuvers can be used against bikes' date=' as well. Don't give me that one sided bullshit. Yes, I condone an officer doing what is necessary to protect the innocents that may be caught up in the actions of a renegade motorcyclist. I also never said that the officer should hit the rider at high speed. That would indicate a 'not safe' maneuver, wouldn't it?

"Eventually, they will get theirs?" Hmm.. how long should we wait for the offender to 'get theirs'? Should it be after they have injured or killed some innocent bystander?

When you act like an ass and begin playing 'Need for Speed' with LEOs you forfeit your right to not be run over by a Caprice Classic.[/quote']

Published statistics show about 1/3 killed in chases are bystanders. Leave the machismo at the door, sometimes these things need to be called off. Justice is not killing someone because they are evading a minor misdemeanor. Wouldn't it be nice if these kids were allowed to grow up and learn just how dumb they were? Countries like Japan seem to do just fine w/o pursuing to the death.

Of the articles out there I thought this was a balanced one

http://www.socyberty.com/Law/High-Speed-Police-Chases.88610

There, that was hardly "one-sided" was it?