Rock a Kia as a Daily ?

TTQ B4U

So while in Cali I stopped by corporate and saw one of our reps new daily company car. Must say, I thought it was damn nice and pretty quick for a slush-box sedan. Black roof with Panorama style sunroof, nice sound system and I thought the stock wheels were pretty nice.

Turbo Charged Kia. Must say it was a nice car to rock as a daily. One side of me would make me want to find replacements for Kia badges though :o

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/149794718/original.jpg

Those are nice looking cars, but I'm not sure on the reliability of those cars.

Our van has the 3.8l in it and now that IPS fixed up the typical wear and tear of the suspension it's back to brand new feeling. Hauls ass for a van too. Lots of torque off the line which is nice for around town so ones not getting blown away by neighbor kids in their fucking civics and preludes :p

Seen a few now rebadged with k5 badges. Guess it's the model over in Korea.

Might have to do this to our Hyundai minivan :o

http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/attachments/optima-appearance-body-modifications/797d1312351362-k5-badge-k5-air-valve-caps-stylized-k-added-mine.jpg

My mom just picked up a brand new one in the SX trim. Couldn't believe the features that are on this thing. It really does drive nicely and for a true all-around daily it would be high on my list. I've driven it on a few hour long trips now and can't recommend it enough, but if you get one at least go for the SX trim.

Breaking news. Loaded mid sized cars no longer cost 25k.

^^ unfortunately true.

The only down side is the price tag of the car in the OP.... ~ $35K!!!!!!

Ditch the Chrome Package and go premium touring and it's under $30k. Not sure what he paid but reps get $32k so likely got nice discount off retail. His is a 2012 vs 2013 too.

Good looking cars, much better than its sonata twin. I do dislike that the caliper carriers aren't painted red with the calipers.

i have to disagree

while i do like the looks of both cars, the interior of the Sonata blows away the shitty 1990's looking interior and dash of the Kia. we picked up the Sonata SE Turbo as our daily, and love it

Ha mine has a sportage awd. Does yours feel a bit slow?

It's not bad for a 4cyl SUV, but it gets cranky if you try and drive it hard. Trying to accelerate fast and a 1-2nd shift it bogs down pretty bad.

The problem is their beauty is only skin deep. They get you with a lot of flash and pop, but eventually that all wears off. Not to say that they aren't improving by leaps and bounds each year, just that they are not there yet. They offer alot of options for the money, but to be honest, that's not nearly a big of deal as it used to be seeing that they are starting to get awfully proud of their shit reflected by their price increases.

The problem is their beauty is only skin deep. They get you with a lot of flash and pop, but eventually that all wears off. Not to say that they aren't improving by leaps and bounds each year, just that they are not there yet. They offer alot of options for the money, but to be honest, that's not nearly a big of deal as it used to be seeing that they are starting to get awfully proud of their shit reflected by their price increases.

It was a Huge change for 2010 compared to 2011 for a lot of the models. How is it not that big of a deal to be cheaper than any of the other manufacturers option for option on size class? Hyundai is still the value car, even though the price was cheaper years ago but what hasn't went up in price after years of improvement? Honda and Toyota used the same process and have now became some of the most reputable brands

The problem is their beauty is only skin deep. They get you with a lot of flash and pop, but eventually that all wears off.

I'm not quite sure I follow you. Are you referring to the novelty of owning a new car? Of course that wears off. My girl has had her Optima for nearly 10 months. She still lives it.