Show-off's

Turbotrio

I have only seen one around my house (So far) this year. These two were down in the Smoky Mountains a couple weeks ago.

Jeff

My comment may be a bit misleading as I "get around" so my opportunity to see them is probably a bit higher than most. Littleguy and I saw 4 of them on a little off road trip in SE Ohio a couple weeks ago. I've probably seen a total of around 9 or 10 so far. I've been pretty suprised how close they've allowed me to get. Extra horny after the long winter. :p

Just shot one of these on Monday, tasted great that night!

Mine was just a jake, the big one like the one pictured above wouldn't come in close enough. I'm really hoping to get a big one this year, they aren't the easiest creatures to hunt for.

I see them over by alum creek off Africa road sometimes. They aren't that rare around here.

Cool pix.

Nope, not rare at all really. I have them running around my neighborhood / yard every spring. I have pics somewhere of one my Chihuahua chased across the yard and up into a tree last year. I was surprised it could fly that high up in a relatively short distance.

Jeff

I was thinkin of checking around this area I've found them nesting this year and incubating an egg. lol I've raised chickens and even had a pet turkey before. lol

Little info: Years and years ago, bought newly hatched turkey from flea market. Raised turkey with the rest of the pets outside. Used to hang out around the front porch and the cats. Turned out to be a little Tom. Later, it would try to mate with whatever cat would let it. One day, a few years later, I found him dead. Still not sure how but I believe it was somebody's dog and not a wild animal due to the scene.