Fatal Crash on Gemini near Polaris Parkway

bmwohio

That is right in front of the Church At Polaris and Rave Movie Theater.

The Church has asked for lights at that intersection for years. Always gets pushed down.

Hopefully this sheds light on the situation. There are accidents at that intersection all of the time.

Wow, that is basically why I've always worn a seatbelt, no need to risk your life by not wearing one.

Seatbelt's don't do a whole lot in a side impact (but they're always useful). A lot of people die in side impact crashes because their head actually goes out the window and strikes the door or the front end of the other car. That's why curtain bags and thorax bags are so important.

Also, a 35 mph side impact is nothing to laugh at. It's a serious accident.

From the dispatch:

By Theodore Decker

Story posted 04.30.2013 at 04:13 PM EDT

Columbus police have cleared the scene of a two-car crash near Polaris Fashion Place that killed one man and left two other people injured this morning.

Sgt. Brooke Wilson of the accident-investigation squad said the man who died in the 9:57 a.m. crash had pulled out from Carylake Circle onto Gemini Place when his blue car collided with a white car heading west on Gemini.

The driver of the blue car died at Riverside Methodist Hospital at 11:31 a.m. His passenger was taken to the hospital in critical condition, and the driver of the white car was taken there in stable condition, Wilson said.

Police were not releasing the victims' names until their families could be notified. The crash closed parts of Gemini Place between Lyra Drive and Polaris Parkway for about five hours, although access to the mall was maintained throughout the day.

Clearly the white WRX T-boned the Gray Impreza. Looks to me the Gray Impreza pulled out in front of the WRX (which was most likely speeding). Some of the damage to the Gray Impreza is where they cut away the b pillar to get people out.

I've wrecked a few of these, :whistle: It doesn't take much to crumple the front of a WRX, it's designed to do that.

You see? Didn't I tell you in another thread you started a Jinx?! Luckily, it ended up being another Subie driver and not you.

Jinx complete.

You're safe now.

I think a light would help with people speeding through there, because there is a chance they would have to stop.

Quite possible. Or more wrecks from people trying to speed up and make the light. I'm sure overall it'd help though.

I go through there daily. 55+ is normal during rush. All the side roads and ramps should be no-left-turn IMHO. Maybe they should put a median so people can't turn left. This is going to keep happening unfortunately.