Ford mod motor spark plugs.

mrhobbz

Anyone have any experience with changing plugs on these? Looks like a nightmare waiting to happen as ford uses a 2 piece plug and apparently carbon build up can cause them to pull apart at the ground shield and threads...

Also does anyone know of a single piece plug for these? Champion makes one but I'm not really trying to spend $12/plug on a stock motor

*edit*

Car is an 06 mustang 3v

Autolite also makes a replacement plug for that engine. They are the HT1. If you are in the north end of Columbus feel free to stop in and we'll take care of you as a CR member.

Pretty sure I'm going to order the lisle plug tool just in case and the ht1s. What shop are you at though and what kind of dollar bills are we looking at?

I have just sprayed a little pb or wd down in the cylinder to let them soak before attempting to pull them out. Ive had pretty good luck but I know people break them off all the time. Brady up at Pick-ups Plus in lewis center should have Brisk plugs stocked as well, might check a price with him as well

I have just sprayed a little pb or wd down in the cylinder to let them soak before attempting to pull them out. Ive had pretty good luck but I know people break them off all the time. Brady up at Pick-ups Plus in lewis center should have Brisk plugs stocked as well, might check a price with him as well

Cool deal, thanks for the info sir

I have done multiple sets.of.these on F350's with the 5.4 3 valve. I let the envine idle for about an hour.and then change them. Ive also heard of.people.funning the envine and then pouring ice watwr on the plug.right before gou change it, although ive.never tried.this.method. I alao have the spark plug.socket.and the Lisle tool .

Pretty sure I'm going to order the lisle plug tool just in case and the ht1s. What shop are you at though and what kind of dollar bills are we looking at?

Advance Auto Parts in Powell, right off 23. I'll PM you the pricing.

Autolite ht1's are 2 piece plugs still. Ford changed the head design mid year 07 to accomodate a smaller one piece 12mm plug but everything 05-07 1/2 still had 2 piece plugs. The only one piece options out there for those motors are brisk or champion.

Autolite ht1's are 2 piece plugs still. Ford changed the head design mid year 07 to accomodate a smaller one piece 12mm plug but everything 05-07 1/2 still had 2 piece plugs. The only one piece options out there for those motors are brisk or champion.

Yeah I was going to check out the champions but not really too keen on spending that kind of bread for a plugs on a stock motor

Lol sounds like me. I've got a whole bunch of parts sitting in the garage waiting to go on, unfortunately my last day off was May 5th and the last thing you want to do after a 12 hour day selling car parts is to get in the garage and get wrenching. Let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do.

Lol sounds like me. I've got a whole bunch of parts sitting in the garage waiting to go on, unfortunately my last day off was May 5th and the last thing you want to do after a 12 hour day selling car parts is to get in the garage and get wrenching. Let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do.

2x window motors, pitman arm, 75w140 gear oil - 97' F150 XLT 4.2L

How much oil ya need? Will get you prices in the morning when I'm back in. You need BOTH window motors? How did you pull that off?

Ones completely dead, the others one is on its way. I'd imagine probably 3 quarts not sure what that 8.8 calls for... Two window motors, and a pitman arm, and it needs the rear sliding window replaced. Can't complain too much, picked the truck up for under $2,000 and it's only got 70k miles on it

Alright I'll see what I can do when I get in. Definitely not bad. You can find some great deals on cars as long as you are willing to put in some wrench/fix it time. SO many people just sell a car for cheap to get out of it when all it requires to get back to decent shape is a few easy parts and some TLC