Need title help.

Green Bastard

My brother lost a title we had for a truck that is an investment by both of us. The title was signed into my name and notorized but I never had it printed in my name. My problem is I no longer have the number for the previous owner to have him get a duplicate and sign it over again. My question is how do I either go about getting a title in my name or (aside of making a post on craigslist, which I just posted *fingers crossed*) how would I get information for the previous owner? I checked out the FAQ on the Ohio BMV website and from what I understand I can't get the information of the previous owner without his written consent or a court order. Please help.

If it was never in your name you are screwed. At this point you can do what yoi said and hope he sees it and responds to you. Or take the long process through the court to file for a title but it is a long painful process. Or only other option is to have a buddy pit a mechanics lean on it and after that process clears file for the title. I know it sucks but that is all you can do in this situation

Presently going thru this same ordeal.

Get on the ODOT website and call the Title Department. Speak to one of the rude individuals and they'll give you an address to mail a letter to; no forms, no questions, just an open letter explaining the situation. You'll have to include VIN number, Driver's License number etc. or they'll throw it away.

Wait 2 months to receive a statement back saying you need to take legal action.

Then go to court. Which is the step I'm on and not sure where to proceed.

As an "investment" the sensible thing would be to get hard title in your name asap. :dumb:

come on he knows it was not the smart move to wait but do you ahve to keep busting his balls about it he just n e e d s .... wait wtf this is cr ya why wouldnt you get it in your name asap :)

I suppose if it pleases the court that is CR then, lesson learned. Either way I'm not terribly concerned about it as I can part the truck and make more than what I have in it, I just don't have the time or the will do to that right now. I have a friend that is a mechanic, I can have him put a mechanic lean on the truck if need be, but I could also sell it with a bill of sale too.

Write up a statement have it notarized. Fax to bmv title dept. Wait 3-4 weeks for a denial letter. Take denial letter to court(no appointment needed), judge will either issue you ownership or deny. Just as stated above. But you can fax it. I do this all the time.

why do you do this all the time.... :suspect: