Graduation Money

Buck531

i got a little over a grand overall. i spent it on a 14 or 16' boat with a ~25hp motor and a trolling motor...took it out fishing on alum and hoover a couple times, sold it at the end of the summer for $1300. no idea what i did with that money.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only got around $150 total.

Ended up blowing it on some chick I had just met at a graduation party.

Took her to a nice dinner and movie. Then back to her parents house and smashed.

Money well spent!

Saved all of it until I left for college. Then used some of it to buy a TV and Stereo for my first place of my own. Still had some left and saved it and ended up buying a condo with my sister who divorced. In the end that was the best move I ever made as it was my entry into buying realestate.

Desktop PC back in 2001. Purchased to use for college work. Lasted a good while and is still being used by those I donated it to. If anything was left it was probably just spent here and there on misc crap. Don't really remember.

Wow, blast from the past.....I went to school on a soccer scholarship, so all money went to beer and other things......I remember all I wanted was a pair of these bad boys though....I think I got around $2000 total.....

Cerwin Vega VS Series with 12" woofers :dumb: ....and I still have them :D

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/random_stuff/RSFFinal1.jpg

I saved it. I worked during high school and college so I always had spending money for beer etc. I'm sure I eventually used it on parts for the cark and golf stuff but it was all mixed in with my usual money.

Like you said, it's his money to spend how he wants. If you deem the item is stupid, maybe it's something he really wants. If I were you, I would try and have a rational conversation with him about the importance of having a 'nest egg' and that if he really wants said item, to work hard and save up for it so he can have some fall back money and whatever toy he wants.

-Marc

I saved it. I worked during high school and college so I always had spending money for beer etc. I'm sure I eventually used it on parts for the cark and golf stuff but it was all mixed in with my usual money.

Like you said, it's his money to spend how he wants. If you deem the item is stupid, maybe it's something he really wants. If I were you, I would try and have a rational conversation with him about the importance of having a 'nest egg' and that if he really wants said item, to work hard and save up for it so he can have some fall back money and whatever toy he wants.

-Marc

Trust me.. I've already done that ;). His friends seem to be persuading him to another direction.