Graduation Money

Buck531

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the post he edited earlier in he thread is correct (and it may not be), I believe his son wants "a clapped out s-10". Either way, he should (in my opinion) save the money for a better car if he really wants a manual trans (you get what you pay for, and in a car, $500 won't go that far). You could try bribing him by telling him that you would be willing to throw some money down on a car that isn't a complete rolling turd.

lol your kid wants a civic doesn't he?

lol nope. Hell if it were a civic I might be up for that.. but it's not :(

Edit - He also instantly thinks that getting a manual transmission will get him better gas mileage instantly.

lol nope. Hell if it were a civic I might be up for that.. but it's not :(

Edit - He also instantly thinks that getting a manual transmission will get him better gas mileage instantly.

...hey hes your son, you taught him.....

...hey hes your son, you taught him.....

I'm going to have to say no to that one Luap. It's his buddies who are persuading him to get the truck. He has this one friend who thinks he knows everything about cars. Hell, the kid is so smart he bought an electric supercharger for his Malibu. Yep.

I didn't think most of you would understand as you don't have kids (or they're WAY not old enough to drive).. hence me not stating what he wanted to get.

Hell. Maybe I'll sell all 3 of my cars and let him get the F-body that he was talking about getting the other week.

I got maybe $50, opened a bank account with it.

Side note: I bought a set of VS-100 speakers with some of my college tuition funds and still have them. :)

http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/sT4U1xs_mdM/hqdefault.jpg

Cashed out every gift check and roll of quarters I had took my moms brand new smokin SUV and spent 10 days with my girlfriend at the time in Myrtle Beach in a hotel on the water. Fun, food, and ff... fun for a great trip. Just kept the cash in the glove box and took out what we needed at each moment.

Probably one of the least reasonable spending experiences of my life but it was definitely a great time!

I used the HS grad money to live on for the summer as I was playing Legion baseball everyday for two months. Had enough money to last until I got a job while in college. College grad money was about the same. The paid internship I had while in college ended right after graduation, so I used the grad money on living expenses until I started working two months later. I did use some of the college grad money on the cruise my wife and I went on, but not too much ;)

Part of me says don't let your child make stupid mistakes.

My sister did almost the same thing, She got a Old Alero for graduation and the trans went out. We put a new one in and it got a small coolant leak. Instead of having it fixed she sent the car to a junk yard for 500$ bought a 89 Taurus they blew up 1 month after getting it....

Hell back then $300 was what.. $1500 now? :gabe:

Probably more. ;)

I'm sure I eventually used it on parts for the cark

I just wanted to point out that Marc spent money on the Cark... :D

Probably more. ;)

I just wanted to point out that Marc spent money on the Cark... :D

Marc spent a lot of money on the Cark. I'm glad Kenny had it when he did but am PISSED that I couldn't get it back and finish it. :(

-Marc