Heating and Cooling companies

Buck531

Looking to get some quotes to have my 25 year old A/C system upgraded in the house. The furnace is about 5-6 years old so that's fine. It was put in by Air Quest and Garrett but the last time I had called them it took him a few weeks to return my call.

Anyone have any preferred installers? It's not broke at the moment but it's out of date and doesn't work that well.

Looking to get some quotes to have my 25 year old A/C system upgraded in the house. The furnace is about 5-6 years old so that's fine. It was put in by Air Quest and Garrett but the last time I had called them it took him a few weeks to return my call.

Anyone have any preferred installers? It's not broke at the moment but it's out of date and doesn't work that well.

I wouldn't expect to hear from Garrett for a while.

I've used Starner a few times recently. They have good prices and do quality work. My neighbor just had a new system put in by Comfortworks, a division of Waterworks, and he said the price was good and the install looked really good.

I wouldn't expect to hear from Garrett for a while.

I've used Starner a few times recently. They have good prices and do quality work. My neighbor just had a new system put in by Comfortworks, a division of Waterworks, and he said the price was good and the install looked really good.

Did he end up going to jail or something from that gun stunt he pulled a year or two ago?

Did he end up going to jail or something from that gun stunt he pulled a year or two ago?

Dunno about that, but he had a warrant issued for obstruction, driving under suspension, failure to appear this morning, and is most likely at the very least on probation for shooting someone

Dunno about that, but he had a warrant issued for obstruction, driving under suspension, failure to appear this morning, and is most likely at the very least on probation for shooting someone

looks like it:

http://www.fcmcclerk.com/case/rs/case.php

Edit: I'll add something useful. Had Hetter do mine in '09. No issues at all with them.

Chris R. (Idriveititbreaks) works for his father in law at Foust Plumbing & HVAC out of Plain City.

Edited by BigOxley

West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating. Paid hourly, so they're not on commission, giving you a much better price and do great work.

Do they bill by the hour though?

As I understand it most all HVAC companies have switched to billing by the 1/4 hour. Last guy I had out charged like $29.99 per 1/4 hour (then add-in the fact he didn't have a single thermostat under $200), told him i'd fix it myself after the first 20min :dumb:

Honestly, I'd avoid Airquest. Garrett was our "in", but with him not around, the service isn't the best. I had them install a new AC unit last year and dealing with his step-dad (the owner) was a big PITA and I wasn't pleased with how he handled the service and billing.

Honestly, I'd avoid Airquest. Garrett was our "in", but with him not around, the service isn't the best. I had them install a new AC unit last year and dealing with his step-dad (the owner) was a big PITA and I wasn't pleased with how he handled the service and billing.

Myself and another CR member PM'ed him years ago, back when everyone was saying how great he was. Neither of us ever received a reply. Was not impressed.

Ah Yes. I forgot about that issue last year you had with them. Now I remember.

West Jefferson Plumbing and Heating. Paid hourly, so they're not on commission, giving you a much better price and do great work.

Yep, they do my house. They are good and try to make your life easy.