G35 Coupe vs 04-07 CTS-V- Opinions?

coltboostin

Needs-"Fun Daily". Moddabilty is a plus, but not necessarily required. Back seats are a must-4 doors a plus. Reliability is a premium. Price Range- 15k or lower-paying cash. Anything more and I will just buy more rentals!

Class, Comfort, Reliability, Speed.

Pros of G35-LOVE the looks of the car, always have. Can be had well optioned for the 10-12k range.

Cons-Seem to not handle mods well-400whp is "pushing" the stock motor from what I have seen. A little pricy to maintain.

Pros of CTS-V LS6, DUH. 4 Door- Add turbo- make 600whop with the AC on. Cheap on parts

Cons-Nice once go for more 13-15-It looks nearly identical to every other CTS on the road- even Beat V6's that your Mom's cousin drives-takes away from any "wow factor to be had.

Goofy Bolt Pattern makes wheel options nonexistent.

Lettus Discuss

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G35.

I never saw anything close to $13-$15k for what you could consider a "reliable" CTS-V...

EDIT: OF COURSE I would also say CTS-V normally, but at his price range there is no V option.

Edited by zeitgeist57

Love the looks of the G35 coupe but not the sedan. Calling a G35 coupe a 4 seater is a stretch. You can get into a nice CTSv for 16-18k. There is one on LS1tech right now with heads/cam and some nice wheels for 17k. Unfortunately it is in Colorado. I absolutely love mine. I will find the link. Note the CTSv rear end is weak and will break if you drag race it. There are bullet proof options but they are very pricey... Being a fabricator though you can probably do it yourself.

Every G35 I run into has a bunch of nothing done to it and the owner thinks he has a sports car. I have yet to met one that was what I would call a car guy. More of a shine it up and do bolt ons and wheels. Yup, the G35's look good.

CTS-V, c'mon man, hands down. I wouldn't mind that it looks like a big bodied old person car. It's not a bad looking car in my eyes. Options galore, and reliable.

I have both an '8 350Z (G35 lighter, more sport-oriented, better-looking cousin) and a '5 CTS-V and I have no idea what to say.

PICK! And if I was OK with a 2 seater-I would go with the G37-Really, I'd just buy a Viper.

Every G35 I run into has a bunch of nothing done to it and the owner thinks he has a sports car. I have yet to met one that was what I would call a car guy. More of a shine it up and do bolt ons and wheels. Yup, the G35's look good.

CTS-V, c'mon man, hands down. I wouldn't mind that it looks like a big bodied old person car. It's not a bad looking car in my eyes. Options galore, and reliable.

I agree, and that’s what scares me! I see a few very Cheap turbo’d G’s. One in Boston and I have the guy down to under market-low miles, clean, Carribian Blue (gay???) But, he does not sound like a car guy on the phone. All work was doen at a shop though. 99% of the guys on the forum are non modders for sure.

Love the looks of the G35 coupe but not the sedan. Calling a G35 coupe a 4 seater is a stretch. You can get into a nice CTSv for 16-18k. There is one on LS1tech right now with heads/cam and some nice wheels for 17k. Unfortunately it is in Colorado. I absolutely love mine. I will find the link. Note the CTSv rear end is weak and will break if you drag race it. There are bullet proof options but they are very pricey... Being a fabricator though you can probably do it yourself.

Then your not looking. I missed on one at a dealership in Baltimore-ASKING 11,800. 2004k, 118 miles super clean car fax, and they offered 6 month buimpoer ot bumper warrenty. They are out there. One also went at a recent public action for 8k but I am unsure of its condition.

As for the G-it fits a baby seat in the back, so I am good. 

What is the MPG difference between the two? and is that a factor?

I actually think its about the same-LS motors get hella gas milege with

cons on the CTSV,

1) the rear end cant take much power for those years.

2) its not a 2nd gen CTSV

1) I just put a turbo the size of Texas back on the Colt-so I am not worried about drag racing the thing. Also-they are also weak ina wheel hop sitiuation-I am sure it will take 1 billion HP form a roll ;)

2) If I am buying a used car for 30k, I’d rather buy 2 hourses and rent them out for $800 a month-each. I am always looking loing term, and hate the depreciation of newer cars.

Why pay 17k for a car with 95k miles when 12k gets a car with 110k?

I was looking for one with 50-60k since it would be a DD and I don't have time for turning wrenches every weekend. While I agree if it has been maintained 100k is nothing I did not want to take that chance.

As for the G-it fits a baby seat in the back, so I am good. 

I'm guessing it's your first baby if you think getting a kid/car seat in and out of the back of a coupe will be easy. I did it a few times with a rear facing seat in my Terminator, pain in the dick. Face it daddy, four doors is where it's at!

If you need a baby hauler you should stop by the toy barn:

MiniVan

cb090f2dd3694a24947241fe321ef39a.jpg

You'd have to give me a Merc. Matinence fucking nightmare.

Why not just LS swap the G? Best of both.

Not looking for a progect. Comfy, fun DD

I'm guessing it's your first baby if you think getting a kid/car seat in and out of the back of a coupe will be easy. I did it a few times with a rear facing seat in my Terminator, pain in the dick. Face it daddy, four doors is where it's at!

Wife will hanlde baby hauling Duties most of the time, but this is a heavy consideration

I have both an '8 350Z (G35 lighter, more sport-oriented, better-looking cousin) and a '5 CTS-V and I have no idea what to say.

Lets go from this

if 350Z = CTSV

and 350Z - sportiness - looks = G35

then one could assume that

CTSV - sportiness - looks = G35

Looks like we've got our winner, Johnny.