G35 Coupe vs 04-07 CTS-V- Opinions?

coltboostin

I cant speak much on the ride or anything on a g35, only sat in a couple. They do seem pretty nice and well put together though. Personally i prefer the caddy but thats just opinion. Performance though, im highly unimpressed from what ive personally seen. We used to get a group of a couple foreign kids with 350z's out at trails and i raced one of them a couple times that said he had the 300 hp version with full bolt ons and tune. I dont remember what he ran , but i was running in the 14.0 area and he was always a little bit back from me. When i looked into it (always thought they were fairly quick) i had several people telling me bolt ons dont do much for them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can fit two kids comfortably in the back of a gto, which can be had with lower miles in that price range---if two door cars can be considered--which they shouldn't be. As stated above, tossing kids/babies/ etc into the backseat of a coupe will get downright intolerable, and it will do so quickly.

I traded in my low mileage gto for my ctsv and haven't looked back. G37 exhaust sounds pretty decent. Other than that, they sell that car with a feminine napkin in the glove box, if I recall--which should be all the info you need to cross it off the list

G35 only b/c I own one. I actually just bought the thing a couple months ago and its my nice weather daily driver, I dont plan on modding it.

I wanted a CTS-V, but like you I was paying cash and a G35 thats nice can be had for 12-13K as opposed to the caddie at 17-18K for a decent one. And I feel the G35's looks will last a long time compared to the CTS-V.

Two knocks I have on the G35 is that the interior is a little on the cheap side, and the mpg's arent bad but not great either. Drivetrain is solid but like i stated previously its only a daily.

G35 only b/c I own one. I actually just bought the thing a couple months ago and its my nice weather daily driver, I dont plan on modding it.

I wanted a CTS-V, but like you I was paying cash and a G35 thats nice can be had for 12-13K as opposed to the caddie at 17-18K for a decent one. And I feel the G35's looks will last a long time compared to the CTS-V.

Two knocks I have on the G35 is that the interior is a little on the cheap side, and the mpg's arent bad but not great either. Drivetrain is solid but like i stated previously its only a daily.

Do you have kids? Again, if I was just looking fro a summer toy, and thats it, I'd still be Viper shopping.

You can fit two kids comfortably in the back of a gto, which can be had with lower miles in that price range---if two door cars can be considered--which they shouldn't be. As stated above, tossing kids/babies/ etc into the backseat of a coupe will get downright intolerable, and it will do so quickly.

I traded in my low mileage gto for my ctsv and haven't looked back. G37 exhaust sounds pretty decent. Other than that, they sell that car with a feminine napkin in the glove box, if I recall--which should be all the info you need to cross it off the list

The GTO really does not do it for me looks wise-may as well get a GTP! But yes, I am thinking a fast, fun 4 door is where I need to be.

I know that-but I am saying is a blower worth the 15k premium? Is the motor forged? For 15k, I think I'd rather have an O7 and turbo it down the line.

I must say the 09 ad ups have a VERY nice interior though,

Yes, it is worth it. The interior is incredible. Ride is amazing. I've had zero issues with mine. At one time, I had three car seats in the back.

Yes, I am shocked anyone complains about the interiors of these cars

I have no idea why. I'd love to take the recaros with me into every other car I drive. I have the dark wood accents--they look great. For me, the instrument cluster is perfect. Navigation decent. There's an l.e.d. Light just below the wood accent on the glove compartment that looks great at night. The moon roof goes all the way to the backseat.

Out of all the cars in my sig this one has the best stereo, but only a single CD player (who plays CDs anymore, anyways?). The only thing I need is a DVD player in each headrest and a whipping stick to whip my kids' legs when they kick the backs of the seats.

The power train speaks for itself. Mine is stock accept for a catback. Buzz on here had an '09 that was bottom 11's with a pulley and mild h/c package I believe. The brakes are great in this car too.

I'd choose the V as well, actually I did. I test drove a G35. Major complaint I remember was the lack of visibility out the rear porthole, that's a small window. And the lack of major mod-ability.

The V was a good car, had a few electrical issues while owning it, nothing major. You WILL need a short shifter, the stock shifter is the slushiest piece of junk that should never have been put into a 'performance sedan'.

The 09s+ are significantly heavier (3800 versus 4200 or thereabouts)...that is the only drawback. They are better cars in every way. I will have one some day.

Sell me your and buy an 09 up? :dumb:

I have no idea why. I'd love to take the recaros with me into every other car I drive. I have the dark wood accents--they look great. For me, the instrument cluster is perfect. Navigation decent. There's an l.e.d. Light just below the wood accent on the glove compartment that looks great at night. The moon roof goes all the way to the backseat.

Out of all the cars in my sig this one has the best stereo, but only a single CD player (who plays CDs anymore, anyways?). The only thing I need is a DVD player in each headrest and a whipping stick to whip my kids' legs when they kick the backs of the seats.

The power train speaks for itself. Mine is stock accept for a catback. Buzz on here had an '09 that was bottom 11's with a pulley and mild h/c package I believe. The brakes are great in this car too.

I agree. I have a buddy up here with an 11 with an intake, pulley, tune- made 6XX whp and went 11.6 on Goodyears. A lot of car foe the money! Is there any reason to think the 09+ will loose resale value quickly? If cost of ownership is the same over 3-4 years, I may as well get an 09+

My buddy picked up a 2010 V this weekend. Again, I have to stay with the V. To power is soooo smooth and yet hits good. The interior was everything I expected from a car that level. And the braking; well it's a good thing the windshield isn't too close. Damn! That car stoooooops.

If you have $45k+ just chillin that you don't care about, the 2009+ V is good fun with it.

• 2 weeks later...

As luck would have it right before a vacation, I all but had a CTS-V fall in my lap for dirt cheap-so I had to jump on it!

05 Redline CTS-V with every option (AKA, the sunroof LOL). Pics when I get back from Vaca unless someone wants to link them from facebook. Put about 300 miles on it thus far and so far I LOVE it!

As luck would have it right before a vacation, I all but had a CTS-V fall in my lap for dirt cheap-so I had to jump on it!

05 Redline CTS-V with every option (AKA, the sunroof LOL). Pics when I get back from Vaca unless someone wants to link them from facebook. Put about 300 miles on it thus far and so far I LOVE it!

Congrats man! I could not be happier with mine.

Any mods? If not first mod should be remove the mufflers. Sounds really good without being over bearing (note keep the resonator).

Thanks! Really happy with the car, and I am 100% cinfident I could not buy more car for the money. It ended up 1500 less than the cheapest one I found in the county, and was on the way to OBX. :)

Stock as aids besides tint (35/20). I have been looking around the forums-and it will get an intake, tune, and a muffler delete (thanks for the support-I was questioning delete vs. gut) and stay like that for a while. Maybe a turbo in the future... :dumb:

Do you still have yours? May also lower and space the rear a few mm's.