11 Corolla Mileage Counter Issue

01sentrase2.0

I have a 2011 Corolla that counts down mileage until the gas is almost empty. It tells the amount of miles you should be able to go before E. I know I can just look at the gauge and see how much I have left, but like the fact it tells me. I filled up the other day and it shows that I had only 3/4 a tank worth of miles left. Any thoughts?

Thanks In Advance

I suspect that the algorithm which computes the mileage remaining uses a current and/or average mpg. If you turned the ignition off during refueling, it's possible that your low mpg since restart was skewing the "mileage remaining until empty" figure. If this was the case, then as you began driving the figure should have slowly increased.

Also, I suppose it's possible that you didn't completely fill-up, or that the fuel gauge isn't accurate.

BTW, I know nothing about cars. :p

This being cr and all I must say I thought this was common knowledge. It's going to be the current average just like if you reset it while on the freeway your average will be sky high and assume you can go 1000 miles before empty. But hey anyone you talked to at the dealer is plain stupid and should find a position taking food orders