New Mickey DR's

DKilbourne

Do they effect handling at all? I've been thinking about running a set on the Mazda but I'd like to be able to turn well too and I'm afraid thay would have a soft sidewall.

The Pro drag radials have a softer sidewall than the original drag radials if that helps. I didn't really push it on corners, so I can't really give you an answer on that.

They're like driving on Jell-O, and don't even attempt to try in the rain.

I, personally, did not gain anything over the regular MT DRs. Then again, they're made for serious traction which I don't have. I sold mine to Dan Rensch.

I agree with anthony not for highway use for sure. I am still hashing these shock settings out but just went 1.36 60 on them the other day @17psi. Love them tires on my car. Sidewall is soft and that will wear out before you wear the tread out on them

They're like driving on Jell-O, and don't even attempt to try in the rain.

I, personally, did not gain anything over the regular MT DRs. Then again, they're made for serious traction which I don't have. I sold mine to Dan Rensch.

I needed new tires and wanted to try out a 28. I got these for a decent price, so we shall see.

So what tires do you high hp guys recommend for the street? 555R's? My Faulken azenis suck.

I've had best luck with 555r's by nitto. I had a set last for 5k miles with moderate usage (only very occasional smoke shows). These were on my 600rwhp cobra. They hooked well in second gear when warm at 40 mph. Just a little spin and then bam.

I had a set of nt05r's last for about 1500 miles on my vette--never again. Just couldn't get them balanced perfectly, and they were a bit squirrely under hard acceleration around 100mph. For me, they sucked.

Keep in mind, neither of the above tires are meant for rain. Now that my vette might see occasional rain if I'm out on the town with the wife, I have nitto invo's. not nearly the same traction as the "r" drag radials, but better than stock. I have them on my cts-v as well, and have had zero issues even in heavy rain.

In the tires...haha. It's still a ported eaton/E-85 car with a 3.90 geared solid axle.

Im sure its easily faster than I was able to get my twin screw cobra to run. Wish I would have kept that car and raced it with the auto.

I've had best luck with 555r's by nitto. I had a set last for 5k miles with moderate usage (only very occasional smoke shows). These were on my 600rwhp cobra. They hooked well in second gear when warm at 40 mph. Just a little spin and then bam.

Thanks! 555r's it is!