Lady gets hit by car and people flip out!

thorne

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda conflicted over this...

The driver was an idiot for hitting that person and deserved having her car trashed in the least.

But I don't blame her for plowing through the crowd to get out of there.

BUT she hit & ran another car that wasn't involved, so I hope she gets the book thrown at her.

I'm kinda conflicted over this...

The driver was an idiot for hitting that person and deserved having her car trashed in the least.

But I don't blame her for plowing through the crowd to get out of there.

BUT she hit & ran another car that wasn't involved, so I hope she gets the book thrown at her.

First we have to look at the fact, the pedestrian is jaywalking....at night.

Now legally the pedestrian has the right away BUT they also placed themselves in danger.

My whole thing is that if the mob mentality would have not happened things would have not escalated.

First we have to look at the fact, the pedestrian is jaywalking....at night.

Now legally the pedestrian has the right away BUT they also placed themselves in danger.

My whole thing is that if the mob mentality would have not happened things would have not escalated.

Jaywalking or not... Why is that car proceeding through the intersection? All other cars on that side of the street are stopped, AND there is a car coming from the opposite direction, so even if they were in the turn lane there was no way they were going through it.

Maybe those other cars were stopped because they were engaged in pharmaceutical transactions with the local businesspeople.

*Shrug* the opposing streets signal goes green at 0:05..

Hard to tell without knowing the timing at that intersection

She can claim (and is obvious from the video) that she was in physical danger if she did not speed away. I don't think we can "throw the book at her".

PS - what a complete fucking waste of a city / tax dollars that Hellhole is.

She can claim (and is obvious from the video) that she was in physical danger if she did not speed away. I don't think we can "throw the book at her".

PS - what a complete fucking waste of a city / tax dollars that Hellhole is.

I meant for the Hit & Run, I have no problem with her getting out of there. But she just gunned it and put even more people in danger.

As for the Jaywalking, the people in the crosswalk were crossing left to right from the driver's POV; you can see their shadows moving in the headlight. She would have seen them clearly if she had been paying attention to the road instead of whatever she was looking at.

So, no sympathy for the driver. She's just as much of an idiot, or moreso, than the jaywalkers and mobs.

I dont see how trashing a car just for hitting someone is justified, call insurance company and police but have a ton of people crowd around your car? no never. Mob mentality is the worst thing ever and if one person had a gun which looks quite likely then people could have died. I would have aimed for all of them and fixed a lot of problems at once. Plus was someone filming with an ipad? can you buy those with food stamps?

I imagine that if the mob wasn't there, the driver and the lady would have resolved issues (cops may be called to legally resolve it or make some kind of deal such as pay the hospital bills etc).

I don't blame the driver for flooring it out of there, but thought it was unnecessary to go that fast as the maximum running speed of people are typically 5-10 mph or 15 mph for the people in that video. I would have just drove away at about 30 MPH and pulled over in a safe area to call the cops to inform what happened.

tl;dr

Woman not at fault IMO, did not have to drive that fast to get out of the mob.