Cell Phone: S4 v. HTC One

dover

I'm leaning towards HTC one right now.. Mainly the speakers and the screen is 4.7 compared to the 4.9 of the S4 so that isnt big. And having the expandable memory would be sweet but I don't even have my 32GB iPhone 1/2 way used.

You won't regret it.

Now comes the question of "rooting" it. What kind of stuff can you do when one does the root. I'd like to make it as fast as possible and ditch all the shit I won't use that will just drain the battery.

Now comes the question of "rooting" it. What kind of stuff can you do when one does the root. I'd like to make it as fast as possible and ditch all the shit I won't use that will just drain the battery.

This is all you will need.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/HTC-to-Release-AOSP-ROM-for-Existing-HTC-One-Devices-357703.shtml

I have the S4 and played with the HTC One and like the feel of the HTC one (But bought the S4 before seeing the HTC). Both are good phones and do not expect any issues from a usability perspective.

For the guy moving from the iPhone(s) the change felt substancial for me as I was to used to where things are located (Notification BS)

Overall the new phone is incredibly fast and the screen is awesome (Resolution and brightness). Have taken some pics too and wow the clarity is very nice. Cannot seem to get the link to work properly in Picasso.

Edited by Second Gen
Linky

• 2 weeks later...
Got the HTC one today, fucking love it so far

My "like new" replacement phone for the blown speakers had vibrate issues.. I contacted ATT and they said to take it to the service center by Cars and coffee. Well I couldnt today because they were closed so I was going tomorrow to get it replaced AGAIN.

I dropped mine from 5" today at the parade, broke the screen. ATT will not do anything for me..

Not sure what I will do now.. They want me to buy one new for 450$ Or use my wifes upgrade and buy another one for 199.. :dumb: