Local metal manufacturing/prototyping?

Diamonds

Hi, I am looking at making a small 2x3 inch metal "thing" that is two pieces and comes together with a couple screws. are there any metal prototyping shops in CBUS? or what about not in CBUS?

I have the piece that I want to recreate so is it as simple as giving it to someone for them to "map" and create?

I know this sounds like a very newb-ish question. please take it easy on me.

Bob-did you ask Grant (GMoney) yet? He loves this kind of stuff.

Tom

this. grant is a good guy and has some skill. his hitch bike rack he made last year, i was pretty impressed with it, especially when he said how cheap/easy he did it.

Pics of said piece? I ask because I am starting back to work where we have a machine shop. I know a couple of guys that make there own gun parts and all kinds of stuffs.

I want to re-make these (the weight on the front of the gun).

This is my actual gun, and I bought this knockoff weight for it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/s15driftking/MW3_zpsb94073b6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/s15driftking/MW1_zps015cd9c1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/s15driftking/MW2_zps1bdd6095.jpg

And, here is the authentic weight I own as well on my authentic USP Match.

943786_10101561299625064_1319908120_n.jpg

Interesting. I'd like to see how this works out. I have a USP 9mm I love, but converting it to a match would be great.

You might talk with Eric Grimes. He runs a small machine shop on the west side. Last time I talked with him he had moved on from automotive machining to firearms. The last number I had for him was 248.459.9827

Would that CNC table do the trick? do I operate the table or is that what I am paying for? (someone else to do it)

Just go to "Commission Work" and get a quote. Do you have CAD drawings already or do you need that too?

http://columbusideafoundry.com/so-youd-like-us-to-make-something-for-you/

Interesting. I'd like to see how this works out. I have a USP 9mm I love, but converting it to a match would be great.

You might talk with Eric Grimes. He runs a small machine shop on the west side. Last time I talked with him he had moved on from automotive machining to firearms. The last number I had for him was 248.459.9827

Eric's my boss, and you're correct,We pretty much only do firearm manufacturing and gunsmith work now. We are backed up right now and If you're not on a super tight deadline,send him an email or call.We are now located in Hillard.

eric.greatracing@gmail.com

Eric's my boss, and you're correct,We pretty much only do firearm manufacturing and gunsmith work now. We are backed up right now and If you're not on a super tight deadline,send him an email or call.We are now located in Hillard.

Curt, where are you located now? You guys are not in the little shop by his house? I've been meaning to stop by and say hi to Eric. I haven't seen him since he fixed up my water pump a year or so back.

Thats great, could you show him this thread and have him email me an estimate? bob.brayer@gmail.com

I asked him, he says as of now we are pretty backed with big orders so we wouldn't be able to give you an honest time frame on when it would be completed or when we could even get to it, sorry.

I can also ask someone at cif for you if they actually got your request.They get backed up a lot with woodworking stuff. I also work Todd Perkins motorsports, one of the bigger shops in the idea foundry.