1st attempt at cornhole boards....

xlr8tn

Finished them up tonight. There's a few spots that could've been better but overall I'm pretty happy with them. My wood working and art skills really suck so the fact these things even came together at all is amazing. They're the right size and right height so not a lot else I could ask for. I wanted to keep them fairly simple paint wise and I wanted a lighter color because we play right up until dark and dark boards suck in low light. I'm thinking about adding some LED's under the board to light the hole up for night play and I want to mount some removable beer holders on the sides.

Yes....I'm a Saints fan. Been one since the early 80's and it's been a lot of bad years with 1 good one. :D

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/cornholeboards_zps1c3466ff.jpg

thanks Tim....not in your league by any means but they will get the job done. In a few months they'll be beat to death anyhow. :D The fleur-de-lis was probably the biggest pain in the ass out of the whole thing. I probably should go back and touch up a few spots on it because it's all I see. You can even see in that picture the right side near the top doesn't have as thick of a black outline as the other side and the curvature is a little different on the inside black section. I just know how I am though....I'll keep dicking with it until I do something that makes it worse than when I started and I'll have to redo the whole thing. :D I'm fighting the urge to keep messing with it and just start playing some cornhole. Me and the kids have thrown a game or two on them. They throw nice....not a lot of slide and zero bounce. That was why I wanted to use 3/4" birch for the top.