Rich people problems, yacht blocks traffic on 270

SRTurbo04

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/06/19/columbus-yacht-stuck-on-i-270.html

"COLUMBUS, Ohio - A large yacht stopped traffic on Interstate 270 north on the east side Wednesday evening after it was unable to pass under the overpasses.

Columbus police said they were shutting down I-270 north, south of Main Street on the east side, at about 5 p.m.

They said they would have to divert the yacht the wrong way down I-270 to remove it from the highway.

It was unknown how long the road would be closed.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more information.

"

Rich people problems.

City should back charge the company hauling the boat for the cost and resources.

ODOT apparently dropped the ball, not the truck driver.

Regardless, since when do we shut down a freeway to let someone go the wrong way. Unless theyre drunk driving.

They should have made the truck sit there and wait until after rush hour.

Regardless, since when do we shut down a freeway to let someone go the wrong way. Unless theyre drunk driving.

It's always the drivers responsibility to know the height of the cargo and the company's responsibility to ensure the passible height for it's cargo along it's route. If ODOT provided the wrong info to the company they are to blame as well. But I agree with shutting down the freeway.....piss on them. ticket them and make em wait.

Its right in the article

Police said that the driver went off his designated route. Those with large loads are required to have a permit and are issued a specific route to follow.

Police said that the driver was supposed to exit I-270 at Main Street, but he kept going.

Police said the driver was going to be cited.

Police said that the driver was supposed to exit I-270 at Main Street, but he kept going.

Police said the driver was going to be cited.

WTF?? If he was supposed to get off at Main why didnt they just back him up to the beginning of the exit and let him get off? I dont understand what the big deal is.

WTF?? If he was supposed to get off at Main why didnt they just back him up to the beginning of the exit and let him get off? I dont understand what the big deal is.

Um, the exit is divided for about 2-3 miles.