Taking employer to court?

Incorrect assumption. It is the principle of someone sharing very personal information with someone that doesn't need to know, and didn't even ask.

Agreed. It took my girlfriend some time to figure out how private I am. I am not a sharer and I don't like having my shit talked about to somebody else, no matter what it is, how ok you think it is, or anything else. My business is just that, my damn business.

Ah, probably that and I misread it like it was for future jobs.

Future jobs could still be affected. If you were a prospective employer you could contact past employer to see if they're eligible for re-hire. Not sure how the law works here, but an HR person could say he's not eligible for re-hire due to pending litigation. Prospective employer probably wouldn't like to hear that.

If you sue your employer for any reason, expect to find a new job.

qft

Also I was unaware that hippa applied in a case like this. If you frelly shared a medical issue with your boss I'd expect that info to not be considered secure.

Maybe im wrong ...

qft

Also I was unaware that hippa applied in a case like this. If you frelly shared a medical issue with your boss I'd expect that info to not be considered secure.

Maybe im wrong ...

This....

Your boss is not your Dr or someone handling medical treatment for you, so I don't believe HIPPA rules apply. With that being said, he shouldn't discuss your medical history, but if it does pertain to your job, or you feel that it does then maybe he had to. I don't know. you aren't giving us much to go on here, so it's hard to really understand where the problem is.

The facts remain, companies have better lawyers and more of them than you do.... the most you will get for something like this (assuming that you can prove that he did it) is a headache and just be out the costs of your lawyer, or maybe win that the comapny has to pay your legal fees (just remember lawyers that handle law suits, get most of your money)

Worst that you can get is if the company wins and they hold a grudge is they can come after you for a wrongful suit trial and try to get money from you.

do you want to sue because the new guy "knows" now?

OR

do you want to sue because you think it will impede your ability to make money/move forward-upward in the company?

OR

are you looking for an "out" in the form of a settlement to make a few bucks? (hopefully not this)

in plain terms... WHY DO YOU WANT TO SUE THEM?

some things to think about.

If you sue, you are stopping any forward progress and they will basically cuckold you until you quit in your current company.

If you sue, and it comes up that you are sueing your current employer at a potential new employer... .you wont get hired. trust me... i don't care if they can't legally hold bias... they will.

I have come to an agreement with the rest of management, and they will be doing their best to keep our schedules apart. I told them that I am certainly willing to do this, as long as this incident is documented, in case of further situations that require a paper trail.

I think he meant that his current employer cant touch him because he sues them for that shit...they cant retaliate...at least thats how i read it.

They can't retaliate, but they can surely make your life a living hell and it then becomes up to you to prove they do it on purpose.

do you want to sue because the new guy "knows" now?

OR

do you want to sue because you think it will impede your ability to make money/move forward-upward in the company?

OR

are you looking for an "out" in the form of a settlement to make a few bucks? (hopefully not this)

in plain terms... WHY DO YOU WANT TO SUE THEM?

some things to think about.

If you sue, you are stopping any forward progress and they will basically cuckold you until you quit in your current company.

If you sue, and it comes up that you are sueing your current employer at a potential new employer... .you wont get hired. trust me... i don't care if they can't legally hold bias... they will.

What he said^^^

You're asking us for advice, but not giving enough information. Why not just ask him what he is doing discussing your medical history with other people? People avoid direct confrontation, so call his ass out. In a professional way, of course

I don't see any positive coming from this at all. You requesting to work opposite times is going to cause more harm than good. The whole situation seems weird and we aren't getting the whole story. Good luck but if this made you uncomfortable just find a new job...this situation isn't going to get better.