Bangs for the bucks

Forrest Gump 9

I test drove an S2000 expecting it to love it and was very disappointed. Non-adjustable wheel and a high seating position means I couldn't do any sort of footwork, or more importantly see out of the thing. Also, it would need at least an intake or some exhaust work, because it sounded really uninspiring at 8000rpm.

Pontiac solstice gxp. Not sure what they go for, but 2.0 turbo, 260 hp and gm even makes an upgrade kit to boost them to about 300 hp

+1

you don't see these everywhere. they already come with the turbo. my father in law had one and he was boosted somewhere in the 300+hp range. fun little car

I have always fancied about owning a Honda S2000. A quick search reveal that a decent one will set me back about $20k. By the time I want to do it my way (hard top, turbocharge, wheels,...) I'll be in more than $30k.

So pondering what else in that range I can have. BMW 135i and 335i came up. I like the 135i. But then being a MB fan, SLK55 AMG and SL600 jumped into the picture. Now I'm all fucked, how did I go from a 4banger NA to a v12 TT?

I want a unique car that you don't see everyday, but I also want a car that I can tinker with and wrench on every now and then. And no, as awesome as the corvette can be, I'm not ready for that yet.

Thank for reading

I've had the oppertunity to tune a couple of S2000's with the SoS Supercharger, they both were a friggin blast to drive. 400whp in those cars is a blast!

I personally do not like the BMW 135i The interior is cheap, If I'm buying a BMW I want to have descent interior. I do like the 335 and 535 as they seem to have a bit higher quality parts. The motors are pretty beast once you add a Cobb AP.

Another fun car in this price range would be a G37X Coupe. But I'm partial to AWD