The nova dipped.....

TurboNova

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks badass! Some pics from a real camera would probably make it look a lot better.

Also i dont know how many times ive thought about starting a car plasti-dipping business. Looks like he already did and is doing well... damn!

MURDER NOVA

lol.

looks good though.

Yeah never saw that show or knew about "murder nova" till I dipped my car and got some comments... lol my car is no murder nova... I dont have a prostock engine under the hood

I like it, just not the pinstripe.

thats whats cool about this stuff I was not sure if I want to peel the body molding or not and if I want to put it back I can spray over it and it will blend perfect.

Looks badass! Some pics from a real camera would probably make it look a lot better.

Also i dont know how many times ive thought about starting a car plasti-dipping business. Looks like he already did and is doing well... damn!

I plan on taking a couple to post tonight with a real camera

That look surprisingly good.

Curious, do you know what he charges for a whole car?

-Marc

http://www.dipped-whips.com/

This is his website and his contact info is on there. It really is a labor intensive job... without any bs he spend about 7 hours on my car, hes super meticulous and has the method down to where the finished product is smooth not all rough and bumpy.

anyone who does not see this car at the track, it will be at the arthritis show this year with a few other of dans dipped cars to get an idea of his work.

Dan/Turbo Nova - Did the shop that did the work give you any idea as to what type of cost(s) are associated with the process? The ReX (RX7) 's paint job is really bad and would love to move towards either paint or another route (Like this one).

Let me know.

They have pricing on their webpage and it seems pretty fair.

yeah, the stuff is durable it has been tested on daily drivers over 2-3 years and power washing along with automatic car washes. I will be testing hot rubber on the quarters this friday :D

really is a ton of work but his finished product is nice

yes, and I believe my buddy is able to do his own spray cans and can probably get one to people who have the cars down for touchups if ever needed.

I know he has power washed the stuff, put it through multiple automatic car washes and even help a heat gun to a wheel that he dipped and it took a ton of heat before it even began to melt...pretty impressive stuff.