Alum creek: Tuesday

SRTurbo04

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boat doesn't have an hourmeter, so no clue.

Hell, mine maxes at 3300 RPMs, good for 30mph on a non-chop day :D

You probably need a different prop if your motor can only rev to 3300. What pitch prop is on it? That motor should be turning 4600-5000 rpm. I bet your boat would run 40 with the right prop.

On my way out there!

we are at if you're leaving the marina go to the other side of Alum Creek go under the bridge and then after the boat ramp on your right about a hundred yards up there's a big open Cove we are there on the right

It is really nice out here and Paul let me take his jet ski out. Good times there.

Jon, I have no idea on the prop. Also, I guess I have to trim this thing for better speed. Learning curve :(

HAHAHAHA, yeah trim it out and it should pick up speed and rpm.

I had a great time today.

Yeah, trimmed it out and picked up 100RPM and 1mph for 3400 and 31. I'm not sure if the lack of RPMs is the prop, maybe a mechanical throttle cable adjustment, or it's just that archaic.

Is the carb WOT? If it is then the boat sounds way over propped. Look at the numbers on the prop it will tell you what the pitch is. You should be spinning at least 1000 RPM more. I bet with the right prop that boat will run 40.

The prop doesn't have any markings, but I'll check again.

The carb sounds like it's at WOT. The previous owner just had the throttle and steering cables replaced last year, so I'm wondering if maybe the throttle cable or big linkage thing needs adjusted?

Is the carb WOT? If it is then the boat sounds way over propped. Look at the numbers on the prop it will tell you what the pitch is. You should be spinning at least 1000 RPM more. I bet with the right prop that boat will run 40.

The prop doesn't have any markings, but I'll check again.

The carb sounds like it's at WOT. The previous owner just had the throttle and steering cables replaced last year, so I'm wondering if maybe the throttle cable or big linkage thing needs adjusted?

With the motor off, put the throttle control in WOT position and see if the carb is 100% open. The big linkage should be forward/reverse.

Have you changed the plugs or checked timing? or changed the motor oil/gear oil/

New plugs, cap, rotor, points, and condenser. I had my dad put them in since those are before my time. The motor still revved this high prior to the tune-up two weeks ago. Oil was changed over the winter and I just checked the level, there are no leaks as well.

I need to clean the carb yet, so I'll check the butterfly as well at WOT.

New plugs, cap, rotor, points, and condenser. I had my dad put them in since those are before my time. The motor still revved this high prior to the tune-up two weeks ago. Oil was changed over the winter and I just checked the level, there are no leaks as well.

I need to clean the carb yet, so I'll check the butterfly as well at WOT.

Sounds like it's way over propped.