Vette VS Porsche

wagner

Operation: Fun Weekend Car

Synopsis: ZR1 and a Porsche race, both with seemingly equal HP. ZR1 seems to have the advantage over Porsche, especially at higher starting speeds. Undercard of video features another Corvette, though the owner seems to be a bit of a douche/ricer/liar.

Conclusion: None can be made with any certainty at this point. However, ZR1/C6Z is certainly at the top of the list.

I love TRC vids, hes the new 1320 since kyle is a sellout now.

You aint kidding! Fucker just picked up a ZR1. No wonder his dvd's and blu-ray's are $40-$50+, got to make them car payments somehow!

Operation: Fun Weekend Car

Synopsis: ZR1 and a Porsche race, both with seemingly equal HP. ZR1 seems to have the advantage over Porsche, especially at higher starting speeds. Undercard of video features another Corvette, though the owner seems to be a bit of a douche/ricer/liar.

Conclusion: None can be made with any certainty at this point. However, ZR1/C6Z is certainly at the top of the list.

Nothing I've ridden in before hits like a near-600rwhp 3150lb naturally aspirated c6z on the freeway in second gear. From 60-140 mph these cars simply roll out. My z makes similar power to the gtr and the vette will take it on the freeway, no doubt.

Nothing I've ridden in before hits like a near-600rwhp 3150lb naturally aspirated c6z on the freeway in second gear. From 60-140 mph these cars simply roll out. My z makes similar power to the gtr and the vette will take it on the freeway, no doubt.

Shut up. Just shut up. You had me at 600rwhp 3150lbs. You had me at 600rwhp.

Seriously, I think I'm leaning more and more toward a c6z. I'd imagine you could pick up a mildly used one for a reasonable price - especially once the c7's are available. But, aren't I not supposed to buy one from before a certain year - like 2007 or 2008?

Any year is fine. 08+ had the beefier trans and 09 got the larger dry sump.

Prepare to put some money into the heads if out of warranty.

Is the larger dry sump worth what I'd pay for the 2009?

And I'd probably do a heads/cam package, add the usual stuff that goes along with it, and call it a day. Nothing crazy, nothing too aggressive.

The larger dry sump will be a factor if you track the car a lot (road course not drag strip) and sustain high G side-loads for extended periods. you can always put the larger one in an 06-08 down the line if you want. I guess there are also oil pans with special baffling to help as well.

Shut up. Just shut up. You had me at 600rwhp 3150lbs. You had me at 600rwhp.

Seriously, I think I'm leaning more and more toward a c6z. I'd imagine you could pick up a mildly used one for a reasonable price - especially once the c7's are available. But, aren't I not supposed to buy one from before a certain year - like 2007 or 2008?

'08 or newer. And they can be had pretty cheap. Probably even cheaper once the c7 comes out. I say I won't get rid of mine but if the c7zr1 is epic, then I will likely part with mine. '08s got jetstream blue color, '09s got cyber grey and the bigger sump as stated. I don't know if you need the bigger sump. Here in Wisconsin, its a bit cooler and it takes forever for my oil temps to come up to 'operating' temperature. I have just under $10k in mine, and I have a mild cam, ported lsx intake, ported/milled heads with upgraded valve train, throttle body, full exhaust, and an ls9x clutch. Fully street able and 580rwhp.

If I had a c6z, I doubt I'd ever road race it. My only hesitation is that I'm afraid as soon as I get one I will fall in love with the c7's, and specifically the c7z.

The c7z is likely a couple years away. I will no doubt get a c7 at some point. You can have a few years with a modded c6z and then flip it when/if the c7z proves itself to be awesome. Some have said this will be the last time gm throws together a big cube v8 that revs to 7k+

The c7z is likely a couple years away. I will no doubt get a c7 at some point. You can have a few years with a modded c6z and then flip it when/if the c7z proves itself to be awesome. Some have said this will be the last time gm throws together a big cube v8 that revs to 7k+

on list of those interested in your C6Z when it's for sale.

I like the way you think.