STOLEN CAR TRAILER (Dayton, Ohio)

KPierson

Everyone please be on the lookout for my Dad's stolen car trailer:

http://www.kptechnologies.com/pictures/trailer.jpg

It's a white 18' Haulmark enclosed trailer. It has "Prostreet", "Dayton, Ohio" and the Chevy bow tie on both sides of it.

It was stolen from my Verizon store in Dayton on Miller Lane (75 and 70 intersection) between 9:30P on Thursday July 11th and 8:00A on Friday July 12th.

Someone cut the lock off with a pair of bolt cutters and drove off with it.

Inside the trailer luckily there was no car. But, there were two very large external Verizon Wireless signs with the Verizon check marks. One sign was 18' and the other was around 12'. I'm guessing they will both end up in scrapyards.

If you see this trailer please call me ASAP at 937 430 0284.

Thank you,

Kevin Pierson

• 2 weeks later...
Last night a bunch of stuff that was on the trailer was found illegally dumped in a dumpster near Polaris. I am optimistic that the trailer was not scrapped and is somewhere in the Columbus area. Please keep an eye out for it!

• 6 months later...
Just heard that the trailer has been found in the Greenville, Ohio area. A guy there bought it from a guy in Columbus. Police are now looking for the guy in Columbus!

Thats great to hear man!

Awesome news. Recently heard of 3 other car trailers stolen.

Yeah ive heard of a BUNCH of them getting stolen recently. Possibly the same people or group of people? Also why would trailer theft be such a big thing or why would they keep wanting to steal them?

my take on it is that it is very easy to register and legally use a stolen trailer. The state of Ohio requires very little information and you can register a trailer without a title/VIN number. They are fairly easy to steal and it is hard to find a good used trailer. My Dad looked for a good used trailer for 3 months before finally buying a brand new one.

More info - the trailer has been stripped of everything of value (mag wheels, electric jack, winch, tools, etc). Since the insurance company paid my Dad out he won't recover anything. Hopefully at least an arrest is made and someone gets in some trouble for it.

If they can trace it back to the person who originally stole the trailer I may have a small chance of recovery some of the $20,000 of stuff that I had inside it when it was stolen. I'm not holding my breath though.

Thats great to hear man!

Yeah ive heard of a BUNCH of them getting stolen recently. Possibly the same people or group of people? Also why would trailer theft be such a big thing or why would they keep wanting to steal them?

ZB at SigmaTec shop was broken into a couple months ago to steal his car trailer and from what the police told him it's a drug thing-maybe transportation of drugs? I don't know but I can't imagine that the stuff that's inside makes them enticing, considering how much tools and stuff everyone keeps and there trailer.