Driveway Recapping. Recommendations?

ShoMeSomeFun

I have an asphalt driveway that needs repaired. There are major cracks and there is chunks you can pick up. Id try and repair it myself but Im not home enough to do it, and I believe I would need a professional to do it the right way the first time.

Driveway is about 10 feet wide street level and 50 feet long and spreads to probably 15 wide at the garage.

Any recommendations on anyone that can recap a asphalt driveway in the Galloway area?

I had mine done last year. I originally called Ameri-coat but they said they don't do residential anymore and gave me the name of the guy/company who does. I can't remember his name but you could call them and ask. He was pretty fair in pricing.

You guys need a concrete driveway; that way you guys can practice **THE** golden CR pearl of wisdom that new brake pads need to be rubbed on concrete before installation. It doesn't work on an asphalt driveway.

You guys need a concrete driveway; that way you guys can practice **THE** golden CR pearl of wisdom that new brake pads need to be rubbed on concrete before installation. It doesn't work on an asphalt driveway.

Not new pads....dumbass

Get ready to throw up.

I did a 5"-thick, fiber-reinforced driveway in my old house, 8ft x 100ft, about 8 years ago. The quotes were north of $10k, or about 1.5x what I made in a year. :lol:

I said "PHUCKET, We're doing it live!!!1!1"

- Rented a Bobcat, tore up the asphalt driveway myself.

- Dump trucks came by and I dumped the old asphalt mit der Bobcat.

- Ordered road base, delivered by Slinger Jones. laid down the base and leveled it out.

- Picked up 3/4ton loads in the back of Cleetus I on lunch breaks over the course of a week to fill in the roadbase shortage I still had.

- Set the woodframe borders, chalk-lined and leveled.

- Spec'd the concrete mix, ordered so many yards (I forget how much it took).

- Rented trowels/bull floats from Sunbelt.

- Invited all the male members of my extended family to bucket-brigade wet cement from the cement trucks as the driveway was too long and I didn't have a pump.

- Covered in plastic sheet, let it dry

- rented a cutter to make the appropriate break lines in the driveway.

I highlighted the one line item as it was AMAZINGLY HARD WORK doing all that concrete running. It was April, cloudy with a very light drizzle, maybe 50 degrees, and by the time we had put down all the concrete I had 8 pissed-off family members that swore they would never do that again.

Minus the cost for doing the labor myself/with family, the total equipment/materials cost was just under $3k. I was incredibly proud of the job I did but doing a concrete driveway is tough shite.

Just a cool starry bra to emphasize the importance of getting a good company to either:

- Patch your asphalt driveway

- do a concrete driveway.

I did a 5"-thick, fiber-reinforced driveway in my old house, 8ft x 100ft, about 8 years ago. The quotes were north of $10k, or about 1.5x what I made in a year. :lol:

I said "PHUCKET, We're doing it live!!!1!1"

- Rented a Bobcat, tore up the asphalt driveway myself.

- Dump trucks came by and I dumped the old asphalt mit der Bobcat.

- Ordered road base, delivered by Slinger Jones. laid down the base and leveled it out.

- Picked up 3/4ton loads in the back of Cleetus I on lunch breaks over the course of a week to fill in the roadbase shortage I still had.

- Set the woodframe borders, chalk-lined and leveled.

- Spec'd the concrete mix, ordered so many yards (I forget how much it took).

- Rented trowels/bull floats from Sunbelt.

- Invited all the male members of my extended family to bucket-brigade wet cement from the cement trucks as the driveway was too long and I didn't have a pump.

- Covered in plastic sheet, let it dry

- rented a cutter to make the appropriate break lines in the driveway.

I highlighted the one line item as it was AMAZINGLY HARD WORK doing all that concrete running. It was April, cloudy with a very light drizzle, maybe 50 degrees, and by the time we had put down all the concrete I had 8 pissed-off family members that swore they would never do that again.

Minus the cost for doing the labor myself/with family, the total equipment/materials cost was just under $3k. I was incredibly proud of the job I did but doing a concrete driveway is tough shite.

Just a cool starry bra to emphasize the importance of getting a good company to either:

- Patch your asphalt driveway

- do a concrete driveway.

Emphasis on $10k for a quote 8yrs ago..... Now think of what it would be now... Proceed to throw up.