WTB ASAP: 1-1/8" deep-socket

zeitgeist57

As title states...want to BORROW if you got one! I'm trying to break free the huge bolts that connect the radius arms and I-beams on my 2WD Ford.

I've doused them in PB Blaster overnight. Gonna try to take a breaker bar to them tomorrow! PLEASE HELP:thumbup:

Advance Auto had a 1/2" socket that was $9, and will snap off with 50lbft of torks.

Sears is closed for the evening.

I'm impatient.

Given no help, I will purchase said socket tomorrow morning. Time to watch a movie...

:popcorn:

Advance Auto had a 1/2" socket that was $9, and will snap off with 50lbft of torks.

Sears is closed for the evening.

I'm impatient.

Given no help, I will purchase said socket tomorrow morning. Time to watch a movie...

:popcorn:

in for Clay's review of what will likely be a Netflix Streaming movie :)

I would recommend Craftsman, but I broke 4-5 consecutively on my Harmonic balancer bolt before I took a task force to it to finish the job

Same here, broke three craftsman 1/2" drive ratchets and finally got a refund. Replaced it with a harbor freight pittsburgh special and it's still in my toolbox!

Same here, broke three craftsman 1/2" drive ratchets and finally got a refund. Replaced it with a harbor freight pittsburgh special and it's still in my toolbox!

Clay lives in UA.. Harbor freight is WAY too lower class for him. :gabe:

I got one you can use.

Thanks! You've got PM

in for Clay's review of what will likely be a Netflix Streaming movie :)

Since wifey/kids are still in FL, I saw F&F6 at Carriage Place. $2.50...what can go wrong?

Honestly, I was entertained and the fight/action scenes were better than I expected. 7/10.

I would recommend Craftsman, but I broke 4-5 consecutively on my Harmonic balancer bolt before I took a task force to it to finish the job

Blast the fucker with a torch, then use a massive extention. Problem Solved.

FYI TOYOTA HAROMIC BOLTS ARE TORQUED TO LIKE 700 FT/LBS.....BASTARDS! No-Joke I had to blast mine with a torch for like 3min, then literally "hang" (bounce up and down) on a 7FT extension/pipe combo to bust it free...

FYI TOYOTA HAROMIC BOLTS ARE TORQUED TO LIKE 700 FT/LBS.....BASTARDS! No-Joke I had to blast mine with a torch for like 3min, then literally "hang" (bounce up and down) on a 7FT extension/pipe combo to bust it free...

So you were having sexual relations with a 7 ft extension pipe?

Clay lives in UA.. Harbor freight is WAY too lower class for him. :gabe:

HF is what I bought because i'm low brow. My main point is craftsman is now below HF in quality IMHO. I'd rather take my chances with Dollar Tree tools.

Thanks to CR, Ryan above let me borrow his deep socket. The bolt is 4" LONG to the nut! Ryan's socket wasn't deep enough. :(

I had a friend over and we torched the nut with a blue torch. Then, I have these foot-long Craftsman combo wrenches...had at least 2 ft of leverage and one pushing/one pulling and we couldn't break it free. Oh yes...and a massive amount of PB Blaster.

Looking for 6" deep sockets next. I'm hoping some more torching and full impact-gun hammering will break it free.

I would have had to apply heat directly to powder coating and didnt want to do that. My main point was craftsman isn't worth the price you pay IMO. None of my task force stuff has broken in the 5 years I've used any of them. Yeah mine called for 273 ft lbs

Yeah mine called for 273 ft lbs

Yup, but thats not what Toyota torques them to @ the factory:yuno: I seriously had a 4ft pipe extension overlaid on a 3ft breaker bar, the breaker bar was clearly flexing, even put my safety glasses on b/c I thought it (b.bar) was going to snap...

Thanks to CR, Ryan above let me borrow his deep socket. The bolt is 4" LONG to the nut! Ryan's socket wasn't deep enough. :(

I had a friend over and we torched the nut with a blue torch. Then, I have these foot-long Craftsman combo wrenches...had at least 2 ft of leverage and one pushing/one pulling and we couldn't break it free. Oh yes...and a massive amount of PB Blaster.

Looking for 6" deep sockets next. I'm hoping some more torching and full impact-gun hammering will break it free.

Cliffs:

Ryan responded to Clays ad on CR. Clay and a friend worked over some nuts even touching them with heat. One pushing, one pulling and yet couldn't break it free. Plenty of blaster was used. In the end, Ryan's socket wasn't long enough. Clay is hoping for a 6 incher next time. :p:megusta::megusta: