Mid Ohio Track Day on April 25th and 26th

PrincessPratt

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on up, a bunch of us from Desmohio will be up there both days. Myself and vw151 from here are going so you won't be be totally without OhioRiders company :)

Yep we'll be there. Just look for Mike's black 1098s on Sunday and look for my Gixxer on both days among others, we'll be up front in one of the garages.

IMG_5922.jpg

I also know someone who might buy both days if you want to reschedule. I'll pass your number along.

Edited by vw151

Saturday novice classes are sold out, I'd consider making a last minute purchase, but I haven't prepped the bike.

Duc1098rdr and I might ride down to watch you guys on Saturday or Sunday. Does anyone know if there's a cost to spectate? Also, the rumor mill is they let prospectives out to ride around the track during lunch? Yes/no?

Yeah, but Jennings sucks compared to Mid-Ohio. Then, you drive at least 3000 miles which is about 6 tanks of fuel and if in a truck, that's about $400 for fuel...

If you drive to Mid-Ohio and drive 3 hours, you'd save more and spend actually less. You afraid to ride Mid-Ohio?? I only ever hear everyone who never ride it complain about the cost and yet they'd drive to what? FLORIDA?!?!? Instead?!?!?

Haha I know, I still need to ride Mid-Ohio, I will find a time to do it this year, I promise. I would drive to Florida in a heartbeat(as long as someone would come with) but for right now, i'll stick with my putnam day and the 3 dayer at grattan in June and plan everything else by ear

I was there to watch my brother in law at a porsche club event this weekend. They gave me a little shit at the gate saying you need a season pass to get in and watch but they let me in anyway. I think if you just say you are there for the event they'll let you in. It's pretty lax but they are weird up there.

I also know someone who might buy both days if you want to reschedule. I'll pass your number along.

I'm gonna go. Rusty was nice enough to help me out! Thanks everyone. Those going have my number from the origonal post. Send me a text! I'd love to meet those of you who I don't know yet! :p

Saturday novice classes are sold out, I'd consider making a last minute purchase, but I haven't prepped the bike.

Duc1098rdr and I might ride down to watch you guys on Saturday or Sunday. Does anyone know if there's a cost to spectate? Also, the rumor mill is they let prospectives out to ride around the track during lunch? Yes/no?

It's free to get in as a spectator, I believe. You can say you are with one of your buddies and just there to help or in case of an emergency and they ought to let you go.

Lunch time is usually for two up if anything. I don't ever recall us allowing prospects out. Novice class is so easy to get your bike ready for that it is simply more an issue of getting signed up...

I suggest coming up to see what it is all about. You can go anywhere for the most part and really enjoy the bikes...

I was there to watch my brother in law at a porsche club event this weekend. They gave me a little shit at the gate saying you need a season pass to get in and watch but they let me in anyway. I think if you just say you are there for the event they'll let you in. It's pretty lax but they are weird up there.

I get in free every time I have gone up there for karts or car clubs. Of course, I drive the dually and they probably think we have a car inside... But, never got any flack...

I get in free every time I have gone up there for karts or car clubs. Of course, I drive the dually and they probably think we have a car inside... But, never got any flack...

I dunno, I always thought the same thing. Me and Macy showed up 2 up on my ducati monster to a Porsche club event. Maybe they were confused or something but they said they were being more strict about making people pay to get in this year and then let me in for free. Who knows, that is just what happened to me.

Down at barber I remember them charging us 5 bucks a day to enter the track on top of our track day fee. Maybe Mid-OH needs to have some sort of standard deal rather than saying $275 a year season pass only but not enforcing it.

maybe we can get a roll call of all who are showing up this weekend? or do we already have a thread for that?

I'll be there on my super yerrow 2003 600rr. i'll be the slow awkward looking guy (in so many ways).

Edited by jbot

Assuming I'm there, I'll bring my camera.

$10/image - sight unseen the day of

or

$400/image - afterwards

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=24409

J/K :D:p

Nice, that thread needs to come back!

I'm bringing my camera with the 300mm lens. Some of my friends will at least shoot the carousel, maybe some other choice spots if I can talk them into walking a little.