Roof repair (possible replacement)

evan9381

I thought there was a recent thread, but the last one is from February.

doing dishes tonight, look up, notice a decent size water spot and the ceiling drywall is cracked/stained from where a leak is coming through. there was a light stain there previously before i replaced the rubber piece over the vent pipe that was letting water in, but with todays rain, this is way worse.

so a friend told me about a place called "Integrity Construction". said they've been doing a lot of houses in her neighborhood in Hilliard, and as far as she's heard, people have been satisfied. said they will deal with insurance and cover the deductible (which would be VERY helpful as I would rather not come out of pocket if i dont have to, and i know some companies will do this) if its covered.

so i guess i want to see if anyone else has dealt with a company recently to throw into the mix.

also, does anyone know what i can expect from insurance? yes, we had a lot of rain today, but im sure some of the shit going on with my roof is from the big storms we've had over the last couple years. I bought the house in 2009 (HUD house) and had to have roof repairs done before they'd release my escrow, and I had Dave Sigman Sr out and he replaced some areas of shingles and some other issues on the roof so it would be satisfactory for HUD, or my bank, or whoever it was that needed it...SO, I can at least show it was ok ~4 years ago. is there a time frame i have to report damage to insurance? did i possibly fuck myself from not calling to report some shingles lifting/blowing off, and a couple gutters falling off last year during the storm in July or the one we had a little earlier this year?

John Ross Roofing and Siding. The only company I let on my roof. I went to Hilliard High with his son.

Akula referred me to John Ross 4 years ago. They did an awesome job for a great cash price, after I got screwed by a fly-by-night company before.