They broke open the damn lock box

LJ

Overnight some dumbass decided to go through my truck because I musta forgot to lock the truck last night and they broke open the lock box and stole my Kel Tec. now I'm just another a irresponsible gun owner and I feel like s*** about it

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you keep it in the truck?

This happened to another guy I know in gahanna. Why leave a gun in the car?

It was locked in a lockbox under the seat. I can't take it into the building at work, so I lock it in there. I had my hands full when I got home last night and must have forgot about it.

Sounds like you need to find a better hiding place

And an even cheaper replacement gun. Time for a Hipoint!

I have a S&W that I usually carry. I'm not gonna replace this one.

They got into at least 5 cars ont he street.

STRONG RESPONSIBILITY

The cop that responded told me that this is the first time he has ever responded to a stolen gun where it was locked up. He said it is usually reported that they left it laying on the seat or the dah :dumb:

The cop that responded told me that this is the first time he has ever responded to a stolen gun where it was locked up. He said it is usually reported that they left it laying on the seat or the dah :dumb:

lol. Yea at least I hope they struggled to get the lockbox opened. Can just imagine 2 stoners sitting in an apartment with a crowbar trying to open it up just for a keltec. What kind of lock box was it?

lol. Yea at least I hope they struggled to get the lockbox opened. Can just imagine 2 stoners sitting in an apartment with a crowbar trying to open it up just for a keltec. What kind of lock box was it?

They got it open in the truck. I forget the brand, I'll look at the later. It looks like they hit it with an ice pick and a hammer a few times, it was chained to the seat track. The inside of the truck was all wet, so I think they did it during the rainstorm over night, which is why no one heard anything.

They got it open in the truck. I forget the brand, I'll look at the later. It looks like they hit it with an ice pick and a hammer a few times, it was chained to the seat track. The inside of the truck was all wet, so I think they did it during the rainstorm over night, which is why no one heard anything.

:( THIEVES!!! :mad:

sounds like an inside job.

They got a ton of other cars as well on the street and went through some stupid shit. They also forgot to grab the cord for the GPS. Sounds like crackheads to me.

Like I keep a journal of all my hunts in my center console, and they went through that.

Was the lockbox hidden at all or pretty obvious. I ask because being prepared to break open a lockbox or even looking for one sounds like they had prior knowledge to me. Just sayin'.

It wasn't PRETTY obvious, but if you looked on the floor you could see it under the seat. Like i said though, they got into a ton of other cars on the street, and it seems like mine was last because there were bags and stuff laying next to my truck that they had taken out of other cars. They dumped everything out of my work bag on the floor of that seat and it seems like they found it after that because the lockbox was on top of all that stuff

there was a team of thieves running around last year hitting the suburbs hard. from what i hear, they were good. using hand and arm signals and shit to communicate with each other. a few of them got caught, but i'm assuming they didn't go to jail. might be them again.

fucking heroin addicts..

I had my hands full when I got home last night and must have forgot about it.

I know it's an accident, and I've done it, but here's where irresponsibility sets in.

Sucks your car was broken into, sucks they stole your Kel-Tec, and sucks you'll prob never get anything for any of it. Can't stand thieves.

I know it's an accident, and I've done it, but here's where irresponsibility sets in.

Sucks your car was broken into, sucks they stole your Kel-Tec, and sucks you'll prob never get anything for any of it. Can't stand thieves.

Eh, im not really worried about the money. And my kid I was carrying was crying when we got home, the items in my vehicle were the last things on my mind.