Experience with a whippled 8.1?

PRD2BDF

My mom bought an avalanche with the 8.1 that is also whipple supercharged for towing the 29 foot camper. I have no idea about it and was wondering what the expected mileage would be (yes I know it will be abyssal) and what kind of numbers it's putting down

Also we tried to check the transmission fluid but we searched for a dipstick and could not find one. I believe it is the 4T8something

It doesn't look extraordinary but okay

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/spedponcho/D6F38792-B1FD-4072-85FF-CA36D0743810-25472-00000ADD3F93D954_zpsd47ad533.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/spedponcho/01261298-0DF8-4EA2-B6B6-46797F239628-25472-00000ADD564CF2D0_zpsbc7734df.jpg

Ohhhh, its the older bodystyle avalanche. Forgot they did the 8.1's in those. I was thinking it was an 07+. Still sweet though, even cooler w/ a whipple! Does it scream? Any other mods or what? lol seems silly to mod those things.

It was 10g and dad did not want a diesel period

Doesn't sound like a bad deal with how clean it looks unless its got like 150k.

Nice, I'm jealous! I'm in the market for a new tow vehicle and 10-15k is my range but less the better.

I'm not sure but I think it has an aftermarket exhaust, I haven't really bothered to look.

It is fully loaded and has pretty much mint leather seats and all that jazz. We picked it up for 10g (as said before) and had about 89,000 on it when we picked it up. Now has 95,000 on it.

I do not know if it screams (for apparent reasons) and I've been forbidden from driving it.

EDIT: well, my mom did tell me that when she was towing her camper with her cousin (drives a Ford Powerstroke with a camper as well), the powerstroke could not keep up with mom when going up a steep incline.

I guess I meant does it haul ass being a big block w/ a blower or is it still a dog? Not if it was loud/etc, sorry I didn't clarify.

Still though, all in all it sounds like she did good for the price/what she got. I know I'd be hard pressed to turn it down.

Typical CR. Someone posts a supercharged big block V8 truck and the peanut gallery chimes in with "shoulda got something else."

Wikipedia thinks you've got an Allison 1000 transmission but I'm disinclined to trust it.

I'm thinking that was optional with 8.1, at least on the 3/4 ton Silverado, so thats very possible.

Yeah almost positive they offered the Allison with the 8.1L's. We has a couple people that brought them in for service when I was at Byers

Had one that on cold starts you had to let it warm up because the brakes couldn't hold it in gear with the higher idle.

Guest GMoney

Damn I miss my 8.1 avalanche, it would get 10mpg everywhere. Flooring it from every stop light or driving it at 65 to conserve fuel still 10mpg.

Good buy and it most likely has the Allison 1000.

I have the Allison with the 8.1L in my Silverado HD Crew cab 4x4 and it will pull my trailer full of commercial mowers or even a bobcat and trailer with ease. My truck is no dog either so can only imagine with a whipple sc what it would be like. Looks like a good buy.