WELDER - Need split in exhaust pipe mended

zeitgeist57

My 1995 BMW 318 has a factory 4-2-1 exhaust manifold/downpipe that goes into the catalytic converter. At the last merge, just ahead of the O2 sensor, there is a split along the weld that is making a good amount of noise, and is causing the A/F ratio to be a bit out of whack.

Anyone good with a welder that could do a 15 minute jerb for dirty cheap? I'd rather give business to CR before going to Mad Hatter Muffler on Sullivant. Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

My 1995 BMW 318 has a factory 4-2-1 exhaust manifold/downpipe that goes into the catalytic converter. At the last merge, just ahead of the O2 sensor, there is a split along the weld that is making a good amount of noise, and is causing the A/F ratio to be a bit out of whack.

Anyone good with a welder that could do a 15 minute jerb for dirty cheap? I'd rather give business to CR before going to Mad Hatter Muffler on Sullivant. Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

Paging Alex Linder

Props to Grant (GMoney) for spec'ing the damage. Crizzack went up and ARRROOOOUNND the top :( so both of our expectations were low. However, he did a great jerb laying a thick, hastily-prepped bead around the crack and killed the buzz by 80%.

Grant, by the time I filled up the tank, the engine was running better than I ever experienced. With the 02 sensor right by the crack, I'm hoping for a permanent fix. Will be in touch :thumbup::thumbup: