Iphone people

Dr. Apex

I finally joined the last decade and picked up an Iphone 5. What are some of the better peripherals for it??

In particular I'm looking for a reasonably priced slim case for it. Want to be able to keep it in my pocket so no Otter box, but something that covers the buttons and protects the phone all around.

Also will be looking for a car mount aimed at using it to film track stuff, I know there are supposed to be some good suction cup mounts out there.

Lastly, a track app. I know there are several, I remember seeing one that actually had the track map w/position, g-meter, and lap times. Think I would love to have something like that.

Basically, school me on Iphones as this is my first!!:dumb:

I was actually looking for the 4s but they had just pulled it off the market so I was forced to buy the 5, wish I could have waited for the 5s to come out and the price on the 5 to drop.

I did end up getting a "Ballistic" case for it, still fairly slim but covers it well and built-in screen protector. I looked at the battery cases, spendy but that would be kinda nice.

What are some good apps to have?? Preferably free ones.

Apps I find myself using a ton are: Youtube, Wikipedia, Yahoo Finance, Podcasts, Vine, Facebook, Liberty Mutual (My proof of insurance), iTunes U., Starbucks, Flashlight.

I just got my iphone a month ago (it's my first smartphone) and I'm freaking addicted to the thing. A year ago I was just another Apple hater but an iPad Mini and iPhone later I'm a fanboy lol.

This

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AOCRO7Q/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like that^^, will probably get that, thanx!!

and this work perfect together

http://g-form.com/products/iphone-5-case/

Did find a case I liked though that's a nice one.

Apps I find myself using a ton are: Youtube, Wikipedia, Yahoo Finance, Podcasts, Vine, Facebook, Liberty Mutual (My proof of insurance), iTunes U., Starbucks, Flashlight.

I just got my iphone a month ago (it's my first smartphone) and I'm freaking addicted to the thing. A year ago I was just another Apple hater but an iPad Mini and iPhone later I'm a fanboy lol.

Me too, Macbook pro and Iphone now, they both work so well and Sync is super easy.

I got Youtube, will look at Wiki, Flashlight, ESPN College Football, Gmail, and a couple games so far. Sticking with the free stuff but plan on getting one of those track apps before long, supposed to be quite good.

Motion X Drive is one of the best GPS systems IMO

Box or Skydrive for syncing desktop files

Google is more responsive and better than Siri

Grocery IQ for the wife in you and other shopping lists

Viper Smart Start because winter is coming

Tapatalk because CR needs to be with you 24x7

Key Ring and ditch those plastic bar code things on your keychain

My radar so you can see the twister coming at us

Know of any good traffic apps Tim?

Motion X has reliable traffic overlays that can be used while routing. You can then click on the icons and it will show details. The exclamation point below is an accident. Just click on it while routing and it will show details such as "Route xx northbound due to accident according to police"

http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple/v4/ac/27/6c/ac276c84-80bb-74f0-fa19-03580d9ad55e/screen640x640.jpeg

Honestly, the best I've found are NBC4 notifications. It's saved me countless times by coming through as breaking news.

I've never used Waze but I've heard good things about it.

I replaced my thermostat with one of these:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/03/3u9ehe8e.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/03/egeqyhev.jpg

I use it quite often, our thermostat is downstairs and I'm lazy.

I like WeatherBug for weather

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/03/syvuquva.jpg

I use 1password all the time:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/03/2aqeja6a.jpg

Others I use:

Big102go-Watch Football

Sunday Ticket-see above

Nexia-runs my house, cameras, door locks, lights.

Directv App-schedule recordings, watch TV

HBO2go-movies and shows

TomTom doesn't rely on a data connection for the map.

Motion X can download the data as well so if you're planning on making a trip where you even think you might lose signal, just have it fetch the data while you're in range or on wifi. Works great.

I do also use TomTom but it's rare.

I'm going to try out Motion X on my commute to the office tomorrow.

^^ if you need help just call me. I've used it for a while. Turn by turn is like $9/yr. Worth it.

I thankfully don't even touch the interstate and my hours are not near rush hour so I don't need a traffic app.

So far I've added Gmail, ESPN CFB to keep scores when I can't watch, Tapatalk(though gotta figure out how to use it), Grocery IQ(need time to tinker also), Keyring, Fandango and a few others.

I never really got to use apps before with my Android phones because they were always breaking and spent more time being investigated for software glitches than me even making phone calls. Seems like a lot of cool stuff out there to try out though.

Saw it mentioned, and I'll vouch for it. Waze is hands down THE best GPS/Navigation/traffic app out there. Google purchased Waze recently, and Waze and GMaps are already sharing nav, traffic, and search data.

Waze also alerts to speed traps, road hazards, and traffic cameras. And it's free

Saw it mentioned, and I'll vouch for it. Waze is hands down THE best GPS/Navigation/traffic app out there. Google purchased Waze recently, and Waze and GMaps are already sharing nav, traffic, and search data.

Waze also alerts to speed traps, road hazards, and traffic cameras. And it's free

I love waze.

^^ if you need help just call me. I've used it for a while. Turn by turn is like $9/yr. Worth it.

I've been using Google maps now for quite a while and it's turn by turn is pretty fantastic, And it's free I have not rented issues even when I was in areas with low/no signals yet