Restaurant ideas?

jerrodh

I know people ask this from time to time (someone do a sticky haha?)

Looking for a new restaurant to take the lady for her birthday. A bit more formal/nice would be good but doesn't have to be overly formal. Biggest thing, quiet so we can talk/relax. She likes steak and BBQ the most. Other than that somewhere "Towards" the east side would be nice but not a requirement.

Prefer to not be a chain, least we well re-known one.

I know people ask this from time to time (someone do a sticky haha?)

Looking for a new restaurant to take the lady for her birthday. A bit more formal/nice would be good but doesn't have to be overly formal. Biggest thing, quiet so we can talk/relax. She likes steak and BBQ the most. Other than that somewhere "Towards" the east side would be nice but not a requirement.

Prefer to not be a chain, least we well re-known one.

Elevator.

Top steak

Whiskey44

Basil

I thought there was some unspoken rule, or maybe even actual law against good restaurants on the east side?

Obviously no idea when her bday is, but dine originals week is next week and you probably can't go wrong with anything on the list.

http://www.dineoriginalscolumbus.com/dine-originals-10/

For BBQ one place to try is Gallos

http://www.gallosbbq.com/

I missed the part where you said steak, go to the Elevator and have her get the Rock Filet. Make sure to walk around and look at everything there, the architecture, stained glass piece about half way back, everything is gorgeous. If you like pool, play on the tables in the back; period correct from the late 1800s when that place first opened (not as the Elevator). Last time I had a beer flight there it was a great deal. You can get all 12 beers and split them between to two of you to try all of them. Really you could do it on your own since it was 3 oz per tasting if you wanted to but splitting it makes it easy to try all of their beers. They had a 6 beer flight too.

+1 for Elevator. It sounds like it'll fit the bill nicely for what you're looking for.

It's pretty hard to get good BBQ now after I've found Ray Rays Hog Pit.

Corner of Walhalla and high st, across from. W Webber Rd there's a guy that has a BBQ food truck setup in the summer and its good stuff

*edit*

That is the same place, I never payrd attention to the name

+1 for Elevator. It sounds like it'll fit the bill nicely for what you're looking for.

It's pretty hard to get good BBQ now after I've found Ray Rays Hog Pit.

Burnt ends :megusta: I want Ray Ray's now, is it Friday yet?

I'll say The Top is your best bet, OP.