FS: Stock 18" 2010+ Camaro Steel Rims

Stretch

Do these fit over the Brembo calipers ?

I don't think they clear brembo brakes, iirc they come with 20s stock to be able to clear the fixed calipers unlike the base 18s as they are not fixed

They will not clear the Brembos on the SS. The SS comes with 20s but its the spoke clearance that is important because being a fixed caliper it has outboard pistons needing the additional room. This is why many wheels have the shape spokes that they do, or they have a thick mounting flange around the lug nut area to provide additional clearance. The steel wheels do not have this, although some spacers may enable them to clear I'm not certain of what is required to clear the rotor/caliper diameter.

I'm more interested in the lateral clearance since the calipers on my car are about the same calipers on the SS without the resonance weights. Stock wheels on my car was 18", so radial clearance should be no problem.

Anyway, I just realized that the center bore compatibility is a problem. I'll have to pass.

Any idea if they will fit a fourth gen??

4th gen bolt pattern is 5x4.75 = 5x120.65

These wheels are a 5x120 so they are a little off but will fit.

You will have to check your own offset as it will change on the size of the wheel both in diameter and depth. Also rubbing would be a issue added into this depending on the tire you want to run.

A 7.5" would be fine with my 255 winter tires right? I've never run a wheel so narrow.

255mm is 10.039 inches wide. yes you can run a 255 you will just have a buldged looking sidewall. With that being said jeep guys will run a 10.5 tire on a 7.5-8 inch wide wheel all day long.

but esp for winter tires I would not hesitate to run that setup at all. Just ahve to look at the offset of the camaro wheel with a 255 tire if it will clear everything or rub at all.

I ran c5 wagon wheels (18s) on my 4th gen with a 275 only had to message the inside a tiny bit to clear everything only took about 5 minutes worth of work. The offset on those are +38mm

• 4 months later...