FS: 1990 (1991?) Honda Civic Hatch -$1,900 / Offers

31rx7

SOLD!

1990 (or 1991) Honda Civic Hatch. ^Base model, with a 5 speed swap. ^This is son Andrew's car as he is getting a new one shortly. ^I just can't remember the year.

This is the econo version and gets about 35 MPG around town. ^Car looks good and drives fine. It's gone to Cinci and back, and Cleveland and back multiple times. Son has had it for 2 years / 30,000 miles, and it has never left him stranded - except when distributor went out.

Engine (D15B1) is strong although at 70 HP, you aren't going to get any speeding tickets. This is not the original engine; the original was swapped out prior to my purchase, and supposedly this one has "only" 120,000 or so on it. I put a reman cylinder head on it, along with new gaskets, new distributor, new timing belt and water pump, etc.

Suspension is good - Koni reds and Eibach Sportline springs give it good street handling. Wheels are 14" Accord alloys with excellent tires. No sway bars (the base didn't have any) though I have stock Si front and rear bars we can throw in if interested.

Interior good condition except for drivers seat which is ripped and has a cover on it. Has AM / FM / CD player. Gas gauge doesn't work - its in the wiring as I put a new sender in it. Manual trans, steering, brakes, windows, mirrors, locks, etc. ^Heater works fine: "Two-55" A/C.

We bought the car due to its solid body. It had terrible paint on it so we did a cheap prep and paint job on it. Another member of this board and I sanded the body, so I blame him for all imperfections. Maaco did the paint. Overall it looks nice - about a 5 footer - and you wouldn't be ashamed to park it in front of your house. ^With the new paint, tinted windows, alloys, and lowered stance, it looks good without being ricey.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r228/31rx7/1991%20Civic%20Hatch/CivicAfterPaint.jpg

Has three small rust spots, two in the usual spot on the trailing side of the rear wheel wells, and one hole in the drivers side rocker panel, in front of the rear wheel. ^All lift points are solid, so these rust spots are truly superficial.

Things wrong: aforementioned gas gauge, valve cover gasket leaks (will replace prior to purchase), slight exhaust leak between exhaust manifold and down pipe, maybe a couple other minor things I forgot about. ^Car occasionally drops to low RPM at idle at stop - given the new distributor, there must be a sensor issue somewhere (no CEL's).

Things right: dead reliable, looks good, drives good, cheap to run and own, good tires, newer brakes, newer battery.

There are a ton of photos at the following link, from when we got it until now.

http://s145.photobucket.com/user/31rx7/library/1991%20Civic%20Hatch

This would be a great platform for an ITB / ITC car. I would keep it for myself as a spare if I had a place to keep it.

Also open to offers and interesting trades.

Rich

Edited by 31rx7