Help me pick a location please

Lauren

Hey,

I'm currently in the process of opening a ballroom dance studio. We signed on a space in July in the crosswords area off of campus view. It is suppose to be delivered October 1st however construction hasn't started and with the 23 project happening I am goin to exercise my right to break the lease. I fear build out will be 45-60 days and construction will kill us with traffic.

So we have spent the last week scouting locations on the NorthEast side. We really want to be around Westerville. My fiancé and I are both new to Columbus so still learning the area.

We have narrowed down our search to:

1, Sunbury plaza at 161 and Sunbury road. This offers easy access with tons of visibility.

2. Schrock rd between 3 and cleveland. It's across from the honda dealership. With have hardly any drive by traffic but it's a new building and we won't outgrow it. Super cheap $ per sqft due to "warehouse" space. Problem is I have to go to commission of westerville to get reZoned.

3. Sunbury rd and county line. No nothing about this area.

We need a SAFE location, easy to get to, and ample parking. Our clients pay a lot for a lesson so we can't stress the safe and comfortable area.

If anyone has any other spaces you can think of or if you are in commercial real estate please pm me. We need to be open yesterday.

We have narrowed down our search to:

1, Sunbury plaza at 161 and Sunbury road. This offers easy access with tons of visibility.

2. Schrock rd between 3 and cleveland. It's across from the honda dealership. With have hardly any drive by traffic but it's a new building and we won't outgrow it. Super cheap $ per sqft due to "warehouse" space. Problem is I have to go to commission of westerville to get reZoned.

3. Sunbury rd and county line. No nothing about this area.

I'd go with Sunbury Plaza. Sounds like you like the location and it seems like a good fit. What are your concerns with it?

Option 2 sounds like a pain in the ass.

Option 3- if you know nothing about the area, chances are not a lot of clients don't either.

You try the short north yet. . ?:lolguy:

Agree, lol. Perfect place.

Hey,

I'm currently in the process of opening a ballroom dance studio. We signed on a space in July in the crosswords area off of campus view. It is suppose to be delivered October 1st however construction hasn't started and with the 23 project happening I am goin to exercise my right to break the lease.

You tend to like to bail on alot of things.... :lolguy:

But option 1 sounds like the best one.

Sunbury and county line is more the direction of the new builds, higher wage earning people. Sunbury and 161 is slightly more ghetto but does have access to new albany money.

Downtown new albany is having a major facelift right now, are there any options there?

Sunbury and county line is more the direction of the new builds, higher wage earning people. Sunbury and 161 is slightly more ghetto but does have access to new albany money.

Downtown new albany is having a major facelift right now, are there any options there?

There are definitely some open store fronts off 62 and 161, but that is kind of far east i think for what he is looking at.

People in the area around the Sunbury and County line would absolutely love to see your business come. The shopping center there was one of the first to come to the area and it has just been reeling since Big Bear went under. Sears is closing there too. I know for a fact that the locals would support your business. You are also in the 43082 zip code. You have Medallion, Mariner's Cove, etc all right there, and most with disposable income. It's a super easy drive from Galena and New Albany for you to draw from as well.

My location of my gym isn't to bad. We are located in Powell in a plaza on Sawmill Parkway Road. About 5 minutes from 270. Great foot traffic due to this dry cleaner next door and Drug Mart. Lots of wealthy individuals in the Powell area.

My location of my gym isn't to bad. We are located in Powell in a plaza on Sawmill Parkway Road. About 5 minutes from 270. Great foot traffic due to this dry cleaner next door and Drug Mart. Lots of wealthy individuals in the Powell area.

have you looked at any of hte places on Cemetary in Hilliard? There are lots of open spaces there.

Park Mill Run, Check out that area too.

umm

I'm already on main st and on sawmill. Looking to consolidate into one location in westerville area due to my competitors.

doesnt hurt to offers suggestions on areas. Im in the process of lookign for a new place, and i know there are areas i ahvent thought of around me to look.

It sounds like he wants Westerville area because it's right in the middle of the 2 and he wants to hang onto the customers he can

Wow everyone thanks for the responses. These are awesome.

Fred Astaire is a total fail on all levels and late 90's early 2000's the corp went through some crazy reform. Also Ohio Fred Astaire has been awful forever so I can't put much weight on that Info. In five months so far we had done more business then fads has done in two years. They are in a smaller location in an old bank in huber village now total fail!

I have to stick to the east side or north. My clients are east side with a handful in Powell. Thanks for the west side thoughts however.

We just left Sunbury and 161 and got probably the best deal out of anywhere. Super competitive pricing and we basically priced it ourselves. Sunbury and county line won't get back to us for some reason. We would like to be up there but at this point no idea what it will cost. The shopping center seem dead but I know there is money up there. It's a little more difficult to get to as it's not off a highway either. Atleast at the 161 it's right off highway.

Option 2 in being a complete pita so I'm about to scrap it but the missus wants it an I have to say 3800sqft for 2500 dollars a month is dirt cheap.

Is the sunbury plaza at 161 really ghetto? It doesnt appear to be. It looks like it was recently refreshed and its clean to walk around. it always seems packs which is awesome for visibilty sakes. Did i mention i wouldnt have to pay rent for almost a half a year..............

Edited by Lauren

Its busy for sure, but if you looked at the housing all around it, its ghetto or will be ghetto in the next few years. All old neighborhoods except for the stuff to the east, little turttle, etc.

My concern was that it isn't going to get any better and can only get worse while the area to the north is big money, lake front properties all around with the above mentioned golf course communities surrounding it.

One of my dance studios was on Palm Beach island next to the Breakers hotel, big $$$$$ if you know the area. In the grand scheme of things that location didn't bring the dollars I to my account just because I was there. My other studio which was centrally located made the most and people came because it was easy. I'm afraid if I go north on Sunbury to county line I might lose current because of distance vs putting myself right off 161 and 270 with super easy access. The shopping g center seems really safe as well and we stay open til 10 pm. Not to mention that it's on the way home for everyone in new Albany. I know our current new Albany people would love it vs having to go to sawmill or main st lol.

One of my dance studios was on Palm Beach island next to the Breakers hotel' date=' big $$$$$ if you know the area. In the grand scheme of things that location didn't bring the dollars I to my account just because I was there. My other studio which was centrally located made the most and people came because it was easy. I'm afraid if I go north on Sunbury to county line I might lose current because of distance vs putting myself right off 161 and 270 with super easy access. The shopping g center seems really safe as well and we stay open til 10 pm. Not to mention that it's on the way home for everyone in new Albany. I know our current new Albany people would love it vs having to go to sawmill or main st lol.[/quote']

Maybe its just because I grew up in the area, but County line is only about 5 minutes north of 161, and for the NA folks, its a super easy drive home down Central College.

But what about people from clintonville' date=' Powell,pickerinton, upper Arlington and Reynoldsburg?[/quote']

Like I said, it's literally 5 minutes north on Sunbury from 161. Traffic on Sunbury is never bad anymore with the new interchanges either.