Places to visit, things to do in Gatlinburg?

Geeesammy

I'm headin down there nov 6. Its been a while since I've been, so I can't remember if its gatlinburg or pigeon forge, but there is a lot of neat war civil war stuff to see in the area as well as a lot of places to just kill time like huge arcades, putt putt places and so on.

search you dummies!!!

But seriously, Gatlinburg has a pretty cool aquarium and Pigeon Forge has some cool wineries and good places to eat. Make sure you do breakfast at Pancake Pantry and definitely check out the apple barn. As far as hiking and going into the mountains i can't give any insight. I would highly recommend getting a cabin with a hot tub, and get some wine and just chill/relax and enjoy the views

GO IN THE NATIONAL PARK.

Screw everything else. It always amazes me how many people go there and talk about the outlet stores and shopping, putt-putt, restaurants, etc. etc.

Go hike, do a driving tour, rent a bike one morning and ride the cades cove loop (only 2 mornings a week), do the Roaring Fork motor trail and stop at some of the original log homes, churches, structures...

Do the things there that you can't do in Ohio.

We got a cabin, so that will be nice

Hiking is definitely a high priority, only having 2 days won't be much and I won't see near the amount I want to see. Damn school.

The whole "not doing what we can in Ohio" is what I said from the get go. Going on vacation and going to malls is a waste.

Hike to Laurel Falls. Just 1.2 miles with amazing views. If you want to spend a day hiking you'll never forget, and I mean never, hike to the top of Mt. LeConte via the Alum Cave Bluffs Trail. Simply amazing. Some parts left me breathless.

If you take it to the top realize there are some pretty nasty drops. Don't know the situation with kids or what-not, but be careful. It's not hard though. 5.2 miles up. I leisurely strolled up in 4 hours and down in 3 stopping for lunch and at random times for pics or just to take in the view.

Been going to GB/PF area every year for my entire life. Apple Barn is nice, most of the Pancake places are decent, but you must get a steak at the Smoky Mountain Brewery in Pigeon Forge. It's a must stop every time I go...and I hate going to the same restaurant over and over again. I love trying new things. I always get pulled back there though.

Roaring Fork - if you don't have much time it's a great way to see some of the history of the area, close to town, but you'd never know it once you start the drive

Cades Cove - as mentioned, great for the AM ride if you cycle, otherwise, it's a bit of a drive to get there, but another great area to do the loop and see the sites.

Clingman's Dome - on a clear day it's a nice drive through the park and great views once you get there. It's kind of a "one neat thing" at the destination (vs. the two above).

As mentioned, there's a lot of "junk" shops in downtown Gatlinburg, but we enjoyed walking the main part of town one evening just to "see the sites". We also enjoy the "Arts & Crafts" community/loop as the wife is an artist and enjoys seeing other artists work. Just depends on your interests and time available.

For me - Roaring Fork is a "must do" whenever I go, Cade's Cove is on my list if we are going to the southside of the park for anything.