2004 GSX-R Issue

WideOpenThrottle

I have a 2004 GSXR 1000 and I have a problem with it cutting out when it gets hot, acts like it is flooding out, all within a matter of a few seconds. It starts this after about three laps around 12,000 RPMs consistently. It isn't running hot. Never above 190 degrees. It has all new fuel system, new plugs, and has less than 3k miles on the motor! Any guesses as to what it could be?

And it doesnt have a tuner or chip of any kind. It runs like a top until three laps in. Consistently

Well heat is hard on electronics and you describe that type of issue perfectly. Bike runs fine, gets driven good and starts acting up when hot. An ignition coil comes to mind, or a tuner which is why I mentioned it. I'm no bike expert, but I would get it fucking up and start narrowing the issue down. Is it spark or fuel related? Things like that. Best of luck, hopefully you can find some more bike specific ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 2004 GSXR 1000 and I have a problem with it cutting out when it gets hot, acts like it is flooding out, all within a matter of a few seconds. It starts this after about three laps around 12,000 RPMs consistently. It isn't running hot. Never above 190 degrees. It has all new fuel system, new plugs, and has less than 3k miles on the motor! Any guesses as to what it could be?

Do you have a wideband setup on it? I can't remember which way it goes but a misfire will show up differently than when combustion is correct. My instinct says rich because of the unburnt fuel but some reason I think it is supposed to be lean.