I need a gym

Geeesammy

Just as the title says. I'm looking for a good gym. I know I could have searched but a lot can change in a year or so.

Requirements:

Free weights

Able to drop weights without being charged with a felony

$30 a month or thereabouts

Close to OSU, or near 270 and Morse, possibly Westerville

Great range of hours, closing no sooner than 9 or 10 at night

I've looked online but had no luck, hoping CR can help me find something. I could care less about trainers.

Thanks

My wife is the sales manager at Metrofitness in Delaware. They have 7 different locations around the city. And it's under $30 per month.

I go to the one in Hilliard. Been there over a year now, best gym I've ever been too.

I go to the one in Hilliard. Been there over a year now, best gym I've ever been too.

Yep unfortunately they're about the last traditional gym around. Everyone else is to focused on catering to business men and women doing cardiovascular.

The gym in Delaware has an entire half of the gym devoted to free weights

Yep unfortunately they're about the last traditional gym around. Everyone else is to focused on catering to business men and women doing cardiovascular.

The gym in Delaware has an entire half of the gym devoted to free weights

Free weights are where it's at for me. I may just see what the deal is with the one in Hilliard.

+1 for Planet Fitness, $10 a month and they are open 24/7. They don't focus on free weights but they still have all the bars and dumbbells i will ever need.

I'm fairly certain he wouldn't like Planet Fitness. Dumbbells go up to like 60lbs, and they have a "lunk" alarm that goes off if you grunt or drop weights.

I go to metro fitness downtown, and I like it. It's smaller, but I love the atmosphere being in the center of downtown in a historic building. Any metro besides the one on bethel is nice though.

dogg house gym is $35 a month.

Its a key gym so if you got a key its 24/7.

pretty much all the free weights and strength training you could ask for.

its off Harmon though but its only 10 minutes from campus if you hop on 315 and get off at greenlawn.

I've been at Planet Fitness for 16 months in Pickerington (started opening day in June of 2012).

The place is a joke. Dumbbells go up to 75, which is not a current problem for me. No free weights other than dummbells, which sucks. All smith machines, so your benching and squats suffer from the Smith effect. No squat racks sucks too.

I go there because it's 5 minutes from work and it's 24/7 and $10/month. The lunk alarm is a joke and honestly, I haven't heard it in probably 6 months at Pickerington. They never use it. However, you probably shouldn't be doing a weight you have to drop anyway.

I would Not recommend planet fitness if you are going there to lift. Cardio, it's amazing. It is not a lift friendly place.

Metro is near my new house in Hilliard, so I'll be switching there when I move December 1st.

If you don't mind downtown, and like a small gym feel with lots of equipment, check out Beyond Limits Training.

I've been going for a year and love it. We have all the free weights you want, racks everywhere, machines to isolate any muscle groups, and lots of strong man equipment, which is fun.

I've been to most of the franchises in town and just prefer the old school feel.

24/7 as well

I'm fairly certain he wouldn't like Planet Fitness. Dumbbells go up to like 60lbs, and they have a "lunk" alarm that goes off if you grunt or drop weights.

I go to metro fitness downtown, and I like it. It's smaller, but I love the atmosphere being in the center of downtown in a historic building. Any metro besides the one on bethel is nice though.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I dealt with the "lunk alarm" shit before, and I ended up not going back and eating about $50 in registration fee's.

dogg house gym is $35 a month.

Its a key gym so if you got a key its 24/7.

pretty much all the free weights and strength training you could ask for.

its off Harmon though but its only 10 minutes from campus if you hop on 315 and get off at greenlawn.

If you don't mind downtown, and like a small gym feel with lots of equipment, check out Beyond Limits Training.

I've been going for a year and love it. We have all the free weights you want, racks everywhere, machines to isolate any muscle groups, and lots of strong man equipment, which is fun.

I've been to most of the franchises in town and just prefer the old school feel.

24/7 as well

These seem like another good option, I'll have to check them out as well, thanks.

However, you probably shouldn't be doing a weight you have to drop anyway.

Dude's being a semi-douche about it and making it a little obvious, but if you are maxing out on a dead lift, in some cases setting it down lightly just isn't going to happen.

I got a side question. They offer really discounted MetroFitness memberships at work here. When I was really working my ass off and trying to get over my fear of the gym, I was going to Title Boxing Club, which was awesome but super expensive. I enjoyed it because I do better being told what to do rather than being left to my own devices. As someone who has never otherwise been in a "regular gym" in my life, how do I learn what to do?

They offer training as well. Call metrofitness in Delaware and ask for Kelly (my wife) tell her you now me (Brian) from Columbus Racing. she can answer any questions you have about the plans and training. Pretty sure the plans are good at any metrofitness gym.

740-362-5600