LMR C7 Vette 502rwhp

GSXRAntwon

The system used on the Koenigsegg is made by a Swedish company, so I'm sure there were some government grants involved with this one. A friend of mine worked at a different company on camless technology for five years or so and claimed that Koenigseggs system requires a lot of power and isn't as efficient as the competition. That said, there is some of competition in this area, and there are already camless engines out in the wild, but mostly on diesel generators supporting the power grid.

The closest this to going camless on a production engine right now is FIAT MultiAir.

Not so. I'm sure someone that a functional pneumatic valve system operating when I was at Honda in the late 90s.

Pneumatic valves is not the same as Cam-less.

Pneumatics just remove the coiled metal valve spring and replace it with an air spring.

F1 and MotoGP have done that for years. Fiat Multi-air replaces the intake cams with a hydraulic actuator.. a traditional cam still moves the exhaust valves, and a traditional cam still serves as the high pressure pump that actuates the hydraulic servos to move the valve....

Fiat Multi-air replaces the intake cams with a hydraulic actuator.. a traditional cam still moves the exhaust valves, and a traditional cam still serves as the high pressure pump that actuates the hydraulic servos to move the valve....

My point was that MultiAir was the closest solution to a camless engine, not that it is camless. Replace the traditional cam with an oil pump and you could be there. That said, I don't see the term "camless" being used solely for an engine that has no camshaft, but for an engine whose valves function independent of a camshaft. The MultiAir does this to a degree, but it is limited to a maximum lift and duration of the stock cam, however this also provides a failsafe in case something breaks, allowing you to still drive the car.

http://www.sturmanindustries.com/Solutions/Products/HVACamless/tabid/172/Default.aspx

Here's an info on the Sturman system. Watch the video in the upper right. Pretty cool stuff and not science fiction.

LMR and a few other shops had the head ahead of time. If I understand correct LMR did theres on a cnc machine and had flow numbers to go with them.

I wonder were this motor is going to top out NA. 540whp is my bet.

You can't be serious?

They still have four more cams to test, bet they surpass that number without even more port work or raising compression on current heads. E85 would almost make those numbers now...

You can't be serious?

They still have four more cams to test, bet they surpass that number without even more port work or raising compression on current heads. E85 would almost make those numbers now...

I was assuming on standard pump 93. on e85/racegas I bet she tops out 580ish... Time well tell.

Edited by Thorne