Naked Dragster SFW

Richard Cranium

It really is amazing to me how simple this car is.

I hear it has hell of a go pedal too. Full throttle or nothing at all.

Very cool to have and run. It's going to be a long winter for you I bet waiting for a nice day to run. :)

See it's got Cliff's shifter in it (c.m.w.). Might want to look into upgrading that delay box. That one is is slightly difficult to use compared to the newer stuff (so I've heard). Check out a Mega 450-500. Looks like a nice project for the winter!

yeah while scrolling down I was like man I bet that would be a lot of fun to build

You have no idea ... I even saw someone selling an I-beam dragster jig on racing junk I thought about buying. The cost for a pre-cut, pre-bent tube chassis kit for a dragster just isn't that expensive. With the resources I have available at school it was hard to pass up.

I hear it has hell of a go pedal too. Full throttle or nothing at all.

Very cool to have and run. It's going to be a long winter for you I bet waiting for a nice day to run. :)

We have fired it up a couple times at school. In the autotech lab the noise level is violent. Also, it made the entire back hallway smell like race gas exhaust. God I love that smell.

See it's got Cliff's shifter in it (c.m.w.). Might want to look into upgrading that delay box. That one is is slightly difficult to use compared to the newer stuff (so I've heard). Check out a Mega 450-500. Looks like a nice project for the winter!

The shifter looks like an elegantly simple piece. I really like it. I'll be sure to check out the new delay boxes, but for now I'm focusing on just getting the car back on the track. I think I have a decent handle on what my costs are going to be, and I'm sure it'll cost more than I think with just the basics. For now, if it works and it's up to date I'm leaving it in place. For example though, I just overdrew my checking account for a new battery and charger combination (I will dip into savings a little this pay). If only money came as easy right now as it is on DrMeth.com I'd be set. In fact maybe I could fund the a whole team making Meth. Just kidding.

I doubt I'll be making any attempts during my first season to be competitive. I just want to drive it like I stole it and end up with my face hurting because my smile won't fit in my helmet.

Yeah ... I just looked at the Mega 450 and it would be way easier than the box that is in the car... ... ... ... .... Yeah, with all new safety equipment and gear, I think it's gonna have to wait.