2006 Mac Book Pro A1211

BIGGU

I have a 2006 Model Mac book pro up for sale. it is slightly used and by that I mean it has been used for 2-3 months then put away to just sit around.

$300 firm

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/2zumeunos/null_zps6ce7a305.jpg

Specs:

Mac book Pro 15"

Fresh install OSX 10.6 ( Legit copy)

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz

ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics processor with 256 MB of GDDR3 video

2GB ram

120GB HDD

Pros:

Brandnew battery

Brandnew charger

Comes with Dock

Comes with DVI to VGA converter

Comes with Wireless remote that is brand new

Cheap

Cons:

Its an older mac book

few small scratches on the lid

The Apple MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" 2.33 15-Inch features a 2.33 GHz "Core 2 Duo" processor (T7600), with two independent processor "cores", a 4 MB shared "on chip" level 2 cache, a 667 MHz frontside bus, 2.0 GB of 667 MHz PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM, a 120 GB hard drive with "Sudden Motion Sensor" technology, and a 6X dual-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW SuperDrive (compared to a single-layer drive in earlier 15-inch models). It also includes an ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics processor with 256 MB of GDDR3 video memory and dual-link DVI functionality, and a 15.4" widescreen 1440x900 TFT active-matrix display (glossy display option available).

Like the previous 15-inch MacBook Pro models, this model has the same fiber-optic-based "ambient light sensor" that adjusts keyboard illumination and screen brightness, "scrolling TrackPad", "MagSafe" power connector, integrated iSight video camera, and included Apple Remote. Connectivity includes the same ExpressCard/34 slot, AirPort Extreme (although the Core 2 Duo models support 802.11n as well as 802.11g after a firmware update), Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet, FireWire "400" port, two USB 2.0 ports, optical digital audio in/out, and DVI out. However, the MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" models also added a single Firewire "800" port, much to the delight of videographers.

How slow and stuff is it?

My fiance's laptop is a heaping pile of shit and she really wants a Mac but definitely has no money for one.

Is it like a dinosaur or does it still run pretty up to speed as regular stuff?

throw a SSD in it and it will be great.