Rain-X washer fluid and headlight sprayers?

Draco-REX

So the S5 is the first car I've owned with headlight sprayers, and I really like Rain-X washer fluid. But I'm worried about the Rain-X treatment discoloring or some other way hurting the paint on the hood. I haven't noticed any issues on the roofs of my other cars, but the Audi seems to get a lot more fluid on the hood than my other cars would get on the roof.

So, anyone with a car with headlight sprayers use Rain-X washer fluid? If so, have you noticed any paint issues?

Thanks.

So the S5 is the first car I've owned with headlight sprayers, and I really like Rain-X washer fluid. But I'm worried about the Rain-X treatment discoloring or some other way hurting the paint on the hood. I haven't noticed any issues on the roofs of my other cars, but the Audi seems to get a lot more fluid on the hood than my other cars would get on the roof.

So, anyone with a car with headlight sprayers use Rain-X washer fluid? If so, have you noticed any paint issues?

Thanks.

Most of the BMW guys disconnect the headlight sprayers. All they do is make a mess.

Edit: funny story. I had a 328i loaner with the headlight sprayers once. The windshield was dirty, so I used the sprayers to clean it. The ENTIRE car was covered in washer fluid, and I left behind a dry "shadow" on the parking lot where the car was parked and spraying. Shit was ludicrous.

Yup,

Most people hate them, it uses like 1/8th a gallon and it ends up making your car look like it's been run through mud. Pretty sure you can code them out via VAGCOM.

As far as your original inquiry, no, it doesn't have any adverse affects, I've used the same (orange) stuff for years with no side effects.