Time Warner LOL

zeitgeist57

I might be in the minority nowadays, but watching tons of shit through the x-box got old.

I'm with you that it would seem to get old fast. I love having the ability to record 6 HD Shows at once and watching them anytime anywhere. No one in our house watches TV live any more. Not only can we blast through commercials, but do so on our time.

I'm picky about Image Quality too. So far WOW's HD is damn nice, even on the large plasma's and projector screens. Way too easy to navigate through their Ultra TV Screens and menus too. We pay a bit more I'm sure, but it's worth it.

AT&T Uverse Caps Monthly Usage at 250 GB FYI. So if you have Uverse internet, you may hit the cap watching everything over the net if you watch a lot.

I've read several places that they do not enforce it, though. Comcast does for sure.

I should mention that, aside from Buckeye football, no one in my household gives a shit about sports. :fuckyeah:

I watch zero sports. Flipping through channels gets really old really fast for me. I don't miss that a bit. I hardly have time for tv anyway. Most of what I want to watch is either on Netflix or Hulu. Southpark is on their own website, southparkstudios.com

For everything else I use http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/

On the rare occasion all of those fail me I'll spend the $2 for an episode on Amazon Prime. Amazon and Free TV Project don't work on internet devices, which is why I use a computer instead of my XBOX for tv. Hulu occasionally will show large live events, otherwise I wouldn't know where to see that kind of thing.

+1

XBMC running on an I3-Nuc

I get all my sports even the non broadcasted ones being a cowboys fan

Im running xbmc on an old core 2 duo machine that was decommed at work. i picked up one of those tiny wireless USB keyboard/mouse pads things for a remote. Boots right up into XBMC. Now they have apps you can download for android specifically designed by XBMC. I have an old galaxy that i will be using as a dedicated remote if my wireless keyboard ever dies. I downloaded the ice films plug in and there is endless content on there that is updated regularly.

I'm using the sports devil addon for the sports. I bought an MCE remote off newegg fro 20$ and it serves its purpose to control everything while in XBMC. Although I have Windows 7 installed so I play content from the external hard drive to be used through xbmc.

Im considering a Celeron-Nuc for a 2nd tv. They seem to do the job just as well running openelec if your not planning on 3d content

No one at my house watches live TV and hasn't for at least 4-5 yrs. I'm out pretty far so I can only get DSL, but it works fine with no interruptions as long as I do my huge uploads from my photography business in the late night.

Netflix and Amazon prime keeps us completely entertained.

This is what is rumored to be rolling out nationwide sooner or later.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/data-usage-what-are-the-different-plans-launching

That stuff has been rumored and threatened by the providers for years now. It's always met serious resistance, and they dropped it.

That stuff has been rumored and threatened by the providers for years now. It's always met serious resistance, and they dropped it.

It's currently being rolled out. There are loads of threads at various sites complaining about it being implemented.