STOLEN 2003 Cobra! PLEASE LOOK

-Alex-

He just sent me the VIN 302026

Local police haven't been much help at all, but some private investigation has turned up some really good info. I think he's close to getting his car back in one piece!

*I can list the full VIN if necessary

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He just sent me the VIN 302026

Local police haven't been much help at all, but some private investigation has turned up some really good info. I think he's close to getting his car back in one piece!

*I can list the full VIN if necessary

I don't know if Carfax allows it, but I wonder if there's a way to search if/what sources a carfax report has been pulled?

If the guy's been spotted at dealers, he may be trying to trade it in or sell it. Some dealers will pull Carfax when they appraise it (we do).

Maybe see if there are any leads to chase down that route?

We here in Newark are spreading the word like the girls do the herps. So far it has been spotted twice now on 30th street which runs in both Newark and Heath...

We have alerted every car guy we know that if they see it to alert local cops. Hopefully the car is found and not tore up.

"There was a Mustang very similar to this sitting at a car lot on main street across from the school on 30th. I saw it this morning. it was black with similar wheels. I didnt get a close enough look at it to see if it was a cobra or not. It looked like someone who had stopped to look at cars, not like the car was on their lot for sale. It was a nice enough car to notice it as I drove by."

Also, someone call that lot to see if the car was appraised, with full VIN. Dealer should have it if they know what they're doing.

Sent my guys a message. If located and verified will contact local pd and post something here.

Awesome, I really appreciate it!!

I'm not sure how to do the PDF file for dealerships (derp derp), but I can provide the VIN and type up a description on my phone and pm or post it here if that helps. The thing about the dealerships though, the guy doesn't have a title for the car, how would a dealership obtain the car without it?

Just talked to a buddy and he said there's a few guys thinking about heading that direction tonight/this weekend, so current updates are VERY helpful and much appreciated.

Feel free to text/call myself or the owner as well.

Alex (me) 740-577-1020

Nathan (owner) 740-395-4129

Awesome, I really appreciate it!!

I'm not sure how to do the PDF file for dealerships (derp derp), but I can provide the VIN and type up a description on my phone and pm or post it here if that helps. The thing about the dealerships though, the guy doesn't have a title for the car, how would a dealership obtain the car without it?

Just talked to a buddy and he said there's a few guys thinking about heading that direction tonight/this weekend, so current updates are VERY helpful and much appreciated.

Feel free to text/call myself or the owner as well.

Alex (me) 740-577-1020

Nathan (owner) 740-395-4129

We don't always require the title to be present upon sale. We have the customer fill out a power of attorney form that allows us to apply for a new title if the other one is lost (more common than you think).

The only thing that'd jump out is if a lien is reported and the seller doesn't know who it's financed with, or doesn't know any finance details at all. That raises lots of questions. A dealer would remember that.

Just post the full VIN here.

It definitely has a lien on it. Full VIN is 1FAFP48Y53F302026

Good, thanks.

As I said, start calling around to local dealers and say you suspect someone who stole the car is trying to turn around and sell it, tell them to call the owner if that VIN comes in for an appraisal.

Also, someone call that lot to see if the car was appraised, with full VIN. Dealer should have it if they know what they're doing.

The dealership Josh is talking about is pretty small. Prolly only couple guys that own and run it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/JS-AUTO-Sales/335059916532759

This would be the dealership he was talking about. Knowing the automobiles on his lot that Mustang would be way out of his typical price range.

I wonder if that car lot has security cameras and could also be checked...And thank you again josh for spreading the word!

This is a good idea, also see if there are any businesses in the vicinity of where the car was stolen. I think from reading earlier you know what direction the thief took off in, so maybe canvas that are just in case someone had a camera pointed at the street.