Coin

NWill

Has anyone else seen this? It sounds pretty neat if it works and is secure. I would love getting rid of the majority of cards in my wallet. It basically puts all your cards/rewards/gift cards/etc onto one programmable card.

https://onlycoin.com/

Edited by Mitch

I saw this and thought it was super cool, then I pulled out my wallet and counted my cards (5). I'm not putting my government CC on there, I'm keeping my primary credit card for places that won't accept this like the USPS, and I'm not shoving this thing into an ATM so I'm keeping that. Which means this will replace my Target card and my backup card. 5 cards to 3, and one of them is gonna cost me $100 to replace in 2 years.

Oh well. I'll hold out for mass Google Wallet adoption.

I'll hold out for mass Google Wallet adoption.

Same. I love using Wallet. All my credit cards and loyalty cards are on there, if only all places had NFC readers then wallets would be a thing of the past*. It's also nice having all your receipts in one digital location.

*except for iPhone and other non-smartphone users

The Google Wallet card is now available. Basically the same thing. You link all your credit cards and bank account to Google Wallet, and either use your NFC enabled phone to pay, or if there's no NFC available, you can use the Wallet Card.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/20/5126602/google-wallet-debit-card-available-now

The Google Wallet card is now available. Basically the same thing. You link all your credit cards and bank account to Google Wallet, and either use your NFC enabled phone to pay, or if there's no NFC available, you can use the Wallet Card.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/20/5126602/google-wallet-debit-card-available-now

no one cares about that piece of shit.

Coin is better. It appeals to apple fans and thats why it will sell.

no one cares about that piece of shit.

Coin is better. It appeals to apple fans and thats why it will sell.

Coin appeals to ifags cause they still don't have NFC, that's your problem for buying a piece of shit.

But so does the Wallet card because you don't need NFC, believe it or not but they have the wallet app for iPhone you twonk.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-wallet/id575923525

Thanks just ordered mine. This was my one complaint about google wallet is that not enough places accept NFC transactions. So how does the card work? does it just pull from your default funding method or do you have to have the money in your wallet account?

Thanks just ordered mine. This was my one complaint about google wallet is that not enough places accept NFC transactions. So how does the card work? does it just pull from your default funding method or do you have to have the money in your wallet account?

"Turns out, in its current state, the card will only use your remaining Google Wallet balance when making purchases. This means if your balance is $0.00, the card will come back as declined. This is very much different from the app, which will use the primary credit card you have set up on Google Wallet once Google Wallet funds have been exhausted. But we still have hope… According to Googler Jeff Craig — who’s been using the Google Wallet Card for quite sometime now (working at Google has its perks) — his version of the card acts just like the app, using the remaining Google Wallet balance before switching over to the primary card on file. This is much how the PayPal debit card works (after adding your bank account), and it’s odd to not see this “feature” in the Google Wallet Card.

It’s entirely possible Google will change the way the Wallet Card works in the future, but until then, it’s nothing more than a pre-paid credit (read: kinda lame). We’ll let you know if we hear more."

There are a lot of security concerns, and even legal concerns with Coin coming out now. Not to mention it's $100, and after 2 years the battery dies and you have to throw it away. I'll go with the free and secure Wallet Card.